The Great Equalizer - Blevo heart monitor idea

Levo Knievel

Nov 23, 2019
USA
I've been working on my mountain biker friends for a year and a half but still none have e-bikes. In fact, in 2000 miles of riding I've actually never ridden with another e-mountain biker.... Maybe I need to get better friends.

My cousin-in-law, a nationally ranked cyclocross guy, won't even ride with me. Maybe he feels I haven't earned the right? ?

Those who do ride with me I keep the assist around 10%. I have a preset in Blevo that's at 10/15/100 for riding with people. The 100% for when I need to get squirrelly.

Anyway, all this got me thinking, what if I used the smart HR feature but put the monitor on the person I'm riding with. If the range on the Bluetooth is enough, then their effort would control the motor output. Could this work? I don't have a monitor to test the idea but would maybe get one if the range on the Bluetooth was practical.

Levo Knievel

Nov 23, 2019
USA
Won't that mean - the harder it is for them, the easier it will be for you ?? :) Sounds like a plan ! :)

?

Guess I hadn't thought that one through. Lol

It would have to be programmed through Blevo so that increased HR --> decreased motor support.

So much for that idea....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
?

Guess I hadn't thought that one through. Lol

It would have to be programmed through Blevo so that increased HR --> decreased motor support.

So much for that idea....

Most of this will be psychological .. you could just tell them that the harder it is for them .. the harder it is for you .. then setup a little water spray mister on your bars to spray pretend sweat on your face :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles