Televised (E)MTB events

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Always struggle to find or even be aware of MTB events etc so was thinking we could try to post any events that will be televised here.

As the title shows it's open for Emtb / MTB events that are to be televised so hopefully be able to list the event, date and channel(s) coverage.
Just an idea that as a community it can be shared here as and when events come about.

Last edited:

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Last year you could find the EWS (Enduro World Series) on youtube and certain rounds would also have the EWSE (Enduro World Series Electric) rounds as well. It would only be bisically a 10 or 15 minutes round up of the events but very entertaining all the same. I believe this year it is all about to change with differnet formats and being named differently as well. Hopefully it will be there to be watched in one way or another.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Yeah I watched the YouTube stuff and thought where is the full footage !! Also watched most of the Redbull TV events but again it was missing all the qualifying rounds which I thought odd as surely there's no reason not to show them ?

I am not entirely sure how many other televised events there even were last year but would be good to see if we're missing out on some unknown gems.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Press Release: Crankworx

We're getting ready to get 2023 mountain bike competition season rolling in New Zealand, March 18-26. The Rotorua festival is going back to its roots with its return to the March slot in the calendar, while also breaking new ground with some exciting changes coming in DH.

For the first time, we'll be bringing fans live coverage of DH racing on Red Bull TV from the famed Whakarewarewa and Tītokorangi forests. The RockShox Taniwha Downhill will see top downhillers get loose on the OG DH track in New Zealand, known for high speed, high risk, and high adrenaline racing.

Not only will the DH kickstart Crankworx Rotorua 2023, but the event, and the festival overall, will launch the international mountain bike competition season. This is a role that Rotorua played for six years, before shifting temporarily to November. From 2015 to 2020, Crankworx Rotorua was the place for mountain bike family reunions, where pro riders would line up at the start gate to race against their international peers for the first time each season.

In 2023, the season kickoff energy and excitement return to Rotorua.

The full schedule for all pro events has now been released: crankworx.com/rotorua/schedule/

This includes (events marked with an * will be live on Red Bull TV):

• RockShox Taniwha Downhill*
• Official New Zealand Whip Off Championships
• Specialized Dual Slalom Rotorua*
• Crankworx Rotorua Air DH (back in the mix!)
• Crankworx Rotorua Pump Track Challenge presented by Torpedo7*
• Speed & Style Rotorua*
• Maxxis Slopestyle in Memory of McGazza*

For those looking to snag tickets, festival passes are available here: crankworx.com/rotorua/passes/

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I think bets are off for the main events from this year. Really the big ones on the calendar are Crankworx & the UCI DH & XC stuff. Looks like the latter are going paywall under Discovery but they haven't said much about it yet & Crankworx will carry on live streaming via Youtube as far as I know.

Being a poorly paid minority sport, one benefit for fans is how much the riders & teams hustle their Youtube channels. That's probably where the action is at. Fox, Santa Cruz, Canyon, Propain off the top of my head all put out loads of videos around race events & really lift the lid on the pro racing scene. Fox's Dialled series in particular is good around race weeks but live stuff is thin on the ground for 2023 likely unless you put your hand in your pocket & cough up for a discovery sub.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
The UCI - Discovery content apparently will be on Eurosport, how true that is I don't know for sure, but I can tell you I dont want yet another payable streaming service!

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
The UCI - Discovery content apparently will be on Eurosport, how true that is I don't know for sure, but I can tell you I dont want yet another payable streaming service!
Yeah I'm a bit conflicted on that. I was shocked to see how little riders are paid for winning elite level world cups, so if fairer compensation makes its way to the riders as a result of paywalling things then I'm ok with it but I doubt the stars of the show are getting their hot little hands on the petty cash tin any time soon & none of the format changes I'm aware of so far are to the competitors benefit.

Miket775

Feb 4, 2020
Northampton, UK
Looks like the World Cups (now called the World Series(!!)) for DH and XC will be live on Discovery+ and the enduro and e-enduro races are just going to be highlight shows from the latest press release from UCI.

I think that some races may end up being also shown live on Eurosport to promote the series and to get people to subscribe.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Hopefully there is something on this weekend from Tassie as it's the first round of the EWS or what ever they are calling it this year. Maydeena is meant to be super steep and fast, then another round in Tassie next weekend at Derby where it is a bit more of a pedal fest and more techy. Can't wait

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Mmmmmm
Screenshot_2023-03-21-20-51-17-307-edit_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles