Talon E+ dropper post and other questions

SNZ

Jan 23, 2023
NZ
Hi all

I have just bought a 2022 E+ Talon as my first ebike, and have a couple of questions.

I'd like to fit a dropper post to it - has anyone done this? I've tried to have a look at where the cable routing for the gears and rear brake goes and it looks as if it would go below the seat tube, but I couldn't get a gear cable to show through in the right place. I thought I would ask before taking too much apart!

I would also like to remove the 32km/h limit. I'm in NZ and there is no law about ebike assist limits, and as I'm primarily using the bike to commute to work on fairly flat roads, the limiter is already annoying me. I've looked into some chips, but they all seem to have more functions than I need. I just want something that will let everything else work as normal, ie correct speed and distance etc is shown, but the motor doesn't cut out at 32. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help

Rubinstein

Subscriber
Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi all

I have just bought a 2022 E+ Talon as my first ebike, and have a couple of questions.

I'd like to fit a dropper post to it - has anyone done this? I've tried to have a look at where the cable routing for the gears and rear brake goes and it looks as if it would go below the seat tube, but I couldn't get a gear cable to show through in the right place. I thought I would ask before taking too much apart!

I would also like to remove the 32km/h limit. I'm in NZ and there is no law about ebike assist limits, and as I'm primarily using the bike to commute to work on fairly flat roads, the limiter is already annoying me. I've looked into some chips, but they all seem to have more functions than I need. I just want something that will let everything else work as normal, ie correct speed and distance etc is shown, but the motor doesn't cut out at 32. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help
Hi, if you search for a dropper post fitting thread you should find what you need, there’s been a few discussions on this, sorry can’t help with the limiter

SNZ

Jan 23, 2023
NZ
Hi, if you search for a dropper post fitting thread you should find what you need, there’s been a few discussions on this, sorry can’t help with the limiter
Sorry, maybe I didn't make the question clear enough - I know how to fit a dropper, what I want to know is if there is space for the internal routing of a dropper on my talon from the down tube to the seat tube.

I have searched here and all over the internet and can't find any information, so I was hoping to find someone who had tried it already

Rubinstein

Subscriber
Apr 7, 2022
kent
Sorry, maybe I didn't make the question clear enough - I know how to fit a dropper, what I want to know is if there is space for the internal routing of a dropper on my talon from the down tube to the seat tube.

I have searched here and all over the internet and can't find any information, so I was hoping to find someone who had tried it already
Hi look up E + 3 dropper post on the forum, info based on a trance but should give what you need 👍

SNZ

Jan 23, 2023
NZ
Cheers for that. That's promising enough that it's worth a go, fingers crossed the BB/motor area design is similar enough that the same techniques will work

john1062

Apr 16, 2023
Canada
Cheers for that. That's promising enough that it's worth a go, fingers crossed the BB/motor area design is similar enough that the same techniques will work
Hey, congrats of your Talon e. How do you like it? I just got one for my son ( Talon E +2) and want to install a dropper seat for him as well. Did you figure out if it’s possible to run the wires internally?
Thanks!

SNZ

Jan 23, 2023
NZ
Hi John. Sorry for the late reply, i only just bought the dropper and installed it today. Loving the bike though, using it for commuting rather than any proper mtbing so far, but now the dropper is in I'll have to take it to the bike park.

Installation was fairly simple really, there was plenty of space for the dropper cable. I followed the tips in the thread rubinstein pointed me to.

I took off the guard and the 3 motor bolts, which gave the motor a bit of play. I installed the housing from the motor up the down-tube, then the other end around the drive train side of the motor and up the seat-tube.

A tip would be to leave the motor undone until the post is done, as the housing doesn't move as easily when it's done up I found. I had to drill out the little plastic thingie where the cables go into the down tube to make space.

john1062

Apr 16, 2023
Canada
Thanks for the reply. I already installed one for my boy, and choose the PNW suspension dropper / with external routing. Works perfectly and my boy is really happy. Cheers

Reactions: SNZ

Mikle87

Nov 20, 2023
Hungary
Hello!

I'm new to the forum and among E-bike users!

I just bought a Giant Talon E +1 bike!

I haven't been able to use it much yet, but I really like the experience so far! I just have one problem! I bought a Giant Recon EHL 50 light and when the factory connectors are connected, the light lights up continuously! Even if the electrical system is not switched on! If I turn it on and try to turn it off, nothing happens on the controller, even though the indicator shows that it is not lit! Why is there continuous 12V in the plug?

Mikle87

Nov 20, 2023
Hungary
Helló!

Új vagyok a fórumon és az E-bike felhasználók között!

Most vettem egy Giant Talon E +1 kerékpárt!

Még nem nagyon tudtam használni, de nagyon tetszik az eddigi tapasztalat! Csak egy problémám van! Vettem egy Giant Recon EHL 50 lámpát és a gyári csatlakozók bekötésekor folyamatosan világít a lámpa! Akkor is, ha az elektromos rendszer nincs bekapcsolva! Ha bekapcsolom és megpróbálom kikapcsolni, nem történik semmi a vezérlőn, pedig a visszajelző azt mutatja, hogy nem világít! Miért van folyamatos 12V a csatlakozóban?
The problem is solved!
There are two connectors in the bicycle frame!
It was connected wrong!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles