Tale of Two Decoys - Half a Year Review

vertzonaatio

Jun 3, 2020
Finland
I've ridden my Decoy now for half a year, done local trails, bike parks and enduro races with it. So I sat down with a friend that also rides a Decoy to discuss our experiences after half a year of riding.

The video is in Finnish but I spent few frustrating hours translating proper English subtitles for it, so I hope some of you find it entertaining/informative/thumbs-up-worthy ? Comments/questions/feedback is always very welcome!

"Tale of Two Decoys"

His_Turdness

Nov 12, 2020
Finland
Hyvä video!

Good points about the rear shock. I guess I haven't hit big enough jumps yet, but I do want to get a progressive coil to replace the original. Also good points about the rubber cable hole plugs, gotta check mine for any loose ones.

vertzonaatio

Jun 3, 2020
Finland
Hyvä video!

Good points about the rear shock. I guess I haven't hit big enough jumps yet, but I do want to get a progressive coil to replace the original. Also good points about the rubber cable hole plugs, gotta check mine for any loose ones.

Nice, thanks for checking it out and commenting!

Josey Wales

Nov 29, 2020
UK
Good effort.
I like the idea of a smaller, lighter battery. But not sure the weight saving would be worth €700.
I was wondering why you didn't buy the Elite to start with?
I have also upgraded to an Ohlins coul shock, much better, especially if you are a heavy rider.

vertzonaatio

Jun 3, 2020
Finland
Good effort.
I like the idea of a smaller, lighter battery. But not sure the weight saving would be worth €700.
I was wondering why you didn't buy the Elite to start with?
I have also upgraded to an Ohlins coul shock, much better, especially if you are a heavy rider.

I guess that's always a question. I think the comp is huge value for money and for most riding it's pretty damn awesome as it is. But then, as with all bikes, you start upgrading little parts until there's nothing left to upgrade. And at that point you are ready to buy a new bike :D

So in short, I didn't think I had the money nor could I justify the better parts with a real need. Oh well.

jEsco

Aug 8, 2020
Orange County
Solid vid guys!
Quick question, did you guys ever come across a “creaking” sound from the crank?
I’ve double checked all bolts and tighten cassette and hubs but I still hear the creaking sound?

Could it be time for a new chain?
The rig has 500miles and it gets beat on the trails, any idea what it could be?

Thanks in advance!

ebkilla

Oct 15, 2021
California
It's the Shimano E8000 motor creaking. I looked through every piece of mine lubing and greasing. Fed up I finally paid my local shop to go through it creak testing. Surprising as it may be nothing on the bike creaks but the motor! This started after about 900 miles on it. Currently working to get a warranty from Shimano. Of course the make it so no one can service it. People are starting to figure this out and the warranty's are stacking up. Poor planning on their part. I hope I can get it fixed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles