SX Race 2021 clunk noise?

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Afternoon guys, over the last month my bike has started making a clunk/click noise when the motor is engaged and only when pedaling applying pressure going uphill.

I'm not the techy type so wondered if anyone could pass on advice as to what it may be?

Initially I've thought the freehub or something but the bike shop have checked all this along with gears/seatpost/pedals and bolts. They handed the bike back hopeful that the noise was gone as they could not hear it but five minutes into my uphill ride today its doing it again.

The motor has done 280 miles. I weigh 77kg. I'll attach a couple of videos.

Thanks

Duggan

Feb 20, 2019
Isle of Man
Afternoon guys, over the last month my bike has started making a clunk/click noise when the motor is engaged and only when pedaling applying pressure going uphill.

I'm not the techy type so wondered if anyone could pass on advice as to what it may be?

Initially I've thought the freehub or something but the bike shop have checked all this along with gears/seatpost/pedals and bolts. They handed the bike back hopeful that the noise was gone as they could not hear it but five minutes into my uphill ride today its doing it again.

The motor has done 280 miles. I weigh 77kg. I'll attach a couple of videos.

Thanks
Hey
Have you tried riding the bike uphill with the motor turned off?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles