Sustrans Bosch Ebike charging stations

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
Hi all,

Just read that Sustran`s are installing fast charge Ebike stations at some locations across the UK. I could not find any details about if you will be charged to use the service.

There isn`t that many at the moment but lets hope that might change.

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
Smart move.

The charging network is arguably why Tesla got such a headstart on other Electric car manufacturers.

I would imagine that cafes and pubs would jump at the chance to give customers another reason to stay for an hour or two.

Something on the middle of South Downs way e.g. Devil's Dyke would be nice - hint hint.

Last edited:

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Some car charging points in the UK have a normal plug outlet on them although they are super rare, you'd still need to carry a bulky charger with you too...

I was trying to find some on google and managed to find a single one anywhere near me

Someone put a wind/solar charging station on part of the sustrans route in Newcastle but I rode past there the other day and it seemed like it wasn't there anymore or I'm blind

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
Some car charging points in the UK have a normal plug outlet on them although they are super rare, you'd still need to carry a bulky charger with you too...

I was trying to find some on google and managed to find a single one anywhere near me

Someone put a wind/solar charging station on part of the sustrans route in Newcastle but I rode past there the other day and it seemed like it wasn't there anymore or I'm blind
An old mate of mine owns the UK government's solar power development company which it sold on over in Blyth and I wonder if that's something they could develop to be put in remote areas.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Hi all,

Just read that Sustran`s are installing fast charge Ebike stations at some locations across the UK. I could not find any details about if you will be charged to use the service.

There isn`t that many at the moment but lets hope that might change.

It clearly states in the article that the charging stations are free to use.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Sounds good but you need to let battery cool down . Also why not just a powersource you could carry your charger and do every brand of bike not just Bosch. I read about people charging in cafe same would apply cool down then you would need to sit in cafe for a couple of hours . 20 years on will be great I imagine or hope.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Sounds good but you need to let battery cool down . Also why not just a powersource you could carry your charger and do every brand of bike not just Bosch. I read about people charging in cafe same would apply cool down then you would need to sit in cafe for a couple of hours . 20 years on will be great I imagine or hope.
Bosch are sponsoring it, why would they want people to charge other brands?

it's obviously so people buy Bosch bikes

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles