"Suss My Bike" - gone bump?

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Rugeley, England United Kingdom
Friend of mine lent me his Suss my bike gizmo to help set up my new Marin - It's looking very much like they have gone bump - no safety cert on website and the app for your mobile looks like it is no longer on play store (simblee for mobile). Anyone confirm this?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I can only summarize that they’ve closed up shop🤬. If that’s the case, it’s unfortunate that products are tied to website support.

This caught my eye because I just ordered a ShockWiz from Sram. Hopefully they’re a big enough company with a fairly good reputation that this won’t happen. The ShockWiz seems like a good enough product …but MAN, it’s expensive! LBS offered to rent it out for a few days ($60), but I decided to bite the bullet and ordered instead. We have about 7-12 air-suspension bikes in our circle so it’ll probably see some use.

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Yeah, Suss my bike was a start up company - which is great but if they fail you often get this - where the item you bought in good faith is no longer supported by the integral app and is therefore useless.

I used it 2 years ago on my then new Ibis Mojo and it did a great job, such a shame.

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
The FB group was set up while the product was still in development and was for the purpose of support in the early days, as a result it has not been monitored by SMB for some time now. It should really be closed down if it is not being monitored.
Re website I have had various issues over the past months but when I disable Norton and use Safari it seems to work. Must admit that in 2022 they have been slow to respond to any emails re support issues.

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
The FB group was set up while the product was still in development and was for the purpose of support in the early days, as a result it has not been monitored by SMB for some time now. It should really be closed down if it is not being monitored.
Re website I have had various issues over the past months but when I disable Norton and use Safari it seems to work. Must admit that in 2022 they have been slow to respond to any emails re support issues.

Yeah, 2 messages via Facebook not answered and the websites security certificate has expired by over 300 days now, so my pc gives me site not secure warnings. The most telling thing though is the app, which you need to make the whole thing work. Disappeared. If I could I'd email the owner/Inventor but don't have his email.

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
Yeah, 2 messages via Facebook not answered and the websites security certificate has expired by over 300 days now, so my pc gives me site not secure warnings. The most telling thing though is the app, which you need to make the whole thing work. Disappeared. If I could I'd email the owner/Inventor but don't have his email.
When I go to appstore and search for sussmybike the app appears so not sure what the issue is unless you are using android.
Here are the contact details I have for them
www.sussmybike.com

Sussmybike

Login • Instagram

@sussmybike

email is [email protected]

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Many thanks - yes it's android. think you have to search for simblee for mobile or something like that for the app? strange you can get it on iphone but not android? I'll email em.

Edit - nope just tried again and the app doesn't appear on the play store list at all - also if you click on it on the website (download the app) it just says 'URL not found'. think they are finished.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The app is on the Apple store, you could always borrow/buy an iPhone? Anything iOS 8.0 or newer will suffice.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
In fact, we could come to an arrangement; I've got an iPhone 7 sat here doing nothing and now I'm fully coiled up my Shockwiz is no help. I can lend you the phone and once you're done you lend me the SMB doohickey.

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
In fact, we could come to an arrangement; I've got an iPhone 7 sat here doing nothing and now I'm fully coiled up my Shockwiz is no help. I can lend you the phone and once you're done you lend me the SMB doohickey.

ha ha appreciate that - it's my mates smb gizmo and he's also got a dead handy sagometer too for the coil sag. I'll just borrow the Wifes phone. Sorry. I could put you in touch with my mate? he rents his stuff out.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
48hvak.jpg

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Managed to get an external link to download the app onto my oppo android. The sussmybike gizmo is all set up on the 38's ready for tomorrow. It did a great job setting up my Ibis Mojo, once the forks are sorted I'll try it on the DHX2 shock, if I can work out how to set it up on there, not a lot of room tbf. I'll report back.

Janneman

Mar 16, 2023
België
Hallo Pezzar, ik heb ook een Suss My Bike-apparaat gekocht, omdat ze ook de spoel schokbrekers en vorken lezen. Ik wil het zo graag uitproberen op mijn schorsing, maar het lijkt erop dat ik de juiste app voor Android niet kan vinden... 😔 De afgelopen 2 weken overal op internet gezocht en het eerste sprankje hoop dat ik kreeg toen ik je bericht las ! 😃

Kan jij me alsjeblieft helpen met de externe link naar de werkende app voor Android, waar je over vertelde?? Ik zou je zooo dankbaar zijn, want ik weet me geen raad meer... En de Shockwiz kan me niet helpen...
Hopelijk mag ik gauw een bericht van u verwachten! 😊 Alvast bedankt vriend. (sorry voor mijn slechte Engels 😅)

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Hallo Pezzar, ik heb ook een Suss My Bike-apparaat gekocht, omdat ze ook de spoel schokbrekers en vorken lezen. Ik wil het zo graag uitproberen op mijn schorsing, maar het lijkt erop dat ik de juiste app voor Android niet kan vinden... 😔 De afgelopen 2 weken overal op internet gezocht en het eerste sprankje hoop dat ik kreeg toen ik je bericht las ! 😃

Kan jij me alsjeblieft helpen met de externe link naar de werkende app voor Android, waar je over vertelde?? Ik zou je zooo dankbaar zijn, want ik weet me geen raad meer... En de Shockwiz kan me niet helpen...
Hopelijk mag ik gauw een bericht van u verwachten! 😊 Alvast bedankt vriend. (sorry voor mijn slechte Engels 😅)
Sorry mate, I don't speak Dutch 👍

Janneman

Mar 16, 2023
België
Sorry mate, I don't speak Dutch 👍
😂😅 Sorry!! Typed it all in English, but autotranslate was still activated 🙄😂

What I was trying to ask, a few weeks ago I bought a Suss My Bike device, for the reason Shockwiz doesn t work with coil sprung shocks and forks. However, as you might expect already, I wasn t able to find a working app for Android. The past two weeks I spent every evening searching the internet for a functioning app.
Yesterday for the first time, I ve had a shimmer of hope, reading you found an extern link to a working app!!! 🥳😃

Can you please help me out, on where to find the extern link PLEASE!! I'd be forever in your depth 😉 Kind regards from Belgium! 🙏🙂

Janneman

Mar 16, 2023
België
Try this mate, it's what I used last time and it was fine 👍

HI Pizzar!!

Saw your link and was egar to try it out!! I am not that handy with phone software, but I got this right from the first try, thank you sooo much for being this helpful!! And on top the sun is peeking through, so I am gonna gear up and give it a go, I am so curious!! 😁😂

I really thought I d thrown 180€ in the bin! 😏

Thanks again a 1000 times Pizzar!!! 🙌🙌🙌👌👊😃

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
HI Pizzar!!

Saw your link and was egar to try it out!! I am not that handy with phone software, but I got this right from the first try, thank you sooo much for being this helpful!! And on top the sun is peeking through, so I am gonna gear up and give it a go, I am so curious!! 😁😂

I really thought I d thrown 180€ in the bin! 😏

Thanks again a 1000 times Pizzar!!! 🙌🙌🙌👌👊😃
No worries, it's a good tool and worked well on my bike 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles