Levo Gen 2 Suspension Set-up - Have i understood the numerious videos right?

KrisScott1990

Jun 14, 2020
Edinburgh
Good Evening All,

Can you let me know if i have done this right. Going for recommended settings then will work out and in.

2020 Levo Expert. Standard Suspension. Fox 36 Performance 150mm GRIP & Fox Float DPS Performance.

FORK

Set to OPEN, then i turned the rebound on the bottom of the fork all the way to minus (Fastest Rebound), put in recomended air. Pumped Forks a bit, got sag to 30mm (20%). Turned rebound all the way to plus (Most Damping) and turned back 5 Clicks as per Spec Calculator. Which says 4 Clicks. the 4 clicks is from closed yeah (Slowest Rebound)?

SHOCK

Same again, Set to OPEN, then turned to fastest rebound, set sag using the small square tool. Pumped shock. Turned to slowest rebound, and worked back from there 5 clicks as per Spec recommendations (From Slowest rebound setting)?

Thanks in advanced

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
then ride it around the block and hit some curbs etc then check/pressure sag

KrisScott1990

Jun 14, 2020
Edinburgh
I'm sure you have followed the initial set up instructions to the letter. Now ride the bike, then come back and read this.

Thank you! Interesting guide. Ill keep that handy on my phone incase i get lost again! will get out tonight and tinker about!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The only thing I do differently is to set rebound full fast and gradually add clicks based on 2 tests. With the fork I stand over it and compress it as hard as I can and release it suddenly. I look for the wheel skipping off the ground....adding additional clicks until that is eliminated. With the shock I roll slowly over a full sized kerb. I add rebound until I can feel the shock compressing, returning and then settling into its sag. Any additional oscillation than that and I add morr rebound. Lastly I ride the bike pushing into thr suspension violently from a ready position. I am assessing whether both shock and fork rebound at the same speed....or preferably the fork is a little faster.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles