Suspension grease

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
Servicing fox marzochi fork internals so grease required.

Slickolium being the grease of choice state side from what I see…? and we seem to get the same stuff in branded tubs from srams butter to slick honey in smaller tubs for twice the price. Price fixing?

Anyway looking further I see this stuff R.S.P Slick Klick Special Grease - Multi-Colour https://amzn.eu/d/dhUbaZs
…on various suspension sites.

Claims to be fox recommended in some cases but.. is it Slickolium ?

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I've used that stuff and sram butter, can't imagine there's a massive difference, same stuff just different branding, both worked well 🤟

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Servicing fox marzochi fork internals so grease required.

Slickolium being the grease of choice state side from what I see…? and we seem to get the same stuff in branded tubs from srams butter to slick honey in smaller tubs for twice the price. Price fixing?

Anyway looking further I see this stuff R.S.P Slick Klick Special Grease - Multi-Colour https://amzn.eu/d/dhUbaZs
…on various suspension sites.

Claims to be fox recommended in some cases but.. is it Slickolium ?
I have used that many years. No problems.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
I've got slik kick and sram butter. I have no scientific basis to compare them but the finger test has them feeling similar. The RSP stuff feels a bit 'thinner' or maybe 'runnier'. They're both super slippy and both much more fluid than regular cheap grease.

I bought the SRAM butter from one of the European sites for not very much money. I think it was about 20 quid for a pot twice the size of my fist. I honestly think I'll be handing it down to my daughter to finish up the tub lol. She's only 9 months old.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles