Stupid shock yoke washer

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Managed (don’t know how) to mangle the stupid little washer between the shock and yoke. Was difficult enough refitting it after working on shock, now there’s no chance. Have measured it and can’t find equivalent size on eBay and Whyte want £16 for the bolt and washer pack. Have refitted everything without it and it’s tight with no play. Anyone ditched the stupid thing and have no problems long term?
Can’t imagine it’s there for no reason but if it all tightens up without it, then it could be ok.
Really annoyed they don’t just just standard reducers at each end. Much easier to remove shock for servicing.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Messaged Whyte as I couldn’t find the washer on the webstore and they sent me a couple for free. Great service considering I managed it.
Now just have to refit it without doing the same again.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I refitted mine but I put it on the bottom side and it went in slightly easier, I struggled to fit it on the top after several attempts hence the bottom fit ?

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
I refitted mine but I put it on the bottom side and it went in slightly easier, I struggled to fit it on the top after several attempts hence the bottom fit ?
I really struggled to fit it on the bottom. Putting it on the top was easier but I think that’s what lead to it getting mangled.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I tried to get a very thin plastic wedge in there too but I was nervous about causing damage so I gave up and left it alone

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles