Stereo 160 Race fork upgrade!

Phil_j89

Mar 9, 2021
Kendal, Cumbria
Hi guys,
Recently purchased a 160 Race, had been holding out for an SL but waiting times were too much for me!
Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade the forks to either SL spec, or something similar. So looking at Zeb options, and possibly something from Fox if the budget allows!

Id just like some first had feedback on how well the Zebs work on the 160, I know they are only rebound adjustable, similar to the 35's that are fitted. Which may push me towards the higher spec Zebs if required!

Thanks in advance! (y)

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’ve got a Stereo 140 and was thinking exactly the same today, as the Rockshox it came with is garbage.

I’m not prepared to pay £1k for a set of forks though, so am on the lookout for something better than stock.

leix_toffee

Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
I waited for the SL to get the Fox 34, was worth it. But I would go for a 36 if you are buying the fork separate.

Phil_j89

Mar 9, 2021
Kendal, Cumbria
I'd strongly recommend trying to find ways to demo/test-ride all of the bikes you're interested in. As has already been pointed out, nothing at that price point will suck, but if you're spending that much money, it's best to make sure you're getting a bike that you love.
In an ideal world, that’s what I would have done! But given the waiting times of some of the cubes, I was happy to get the slightly lesser spec version, and upgrade were I felt it was required.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles