Stans M Pulse Hubs

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Probably been done before? And I’m sure those with a lot more knowledge on bike parts will chip in…. But this looked an interesting concept.

totally unnecessary on a bike with a motor. But when has that ever stopped people dropping crazy money on bike parts 😂

stolen off ebike mtb and stans insta.

20C0CF6B-95DB-4B4D-A743-2ACEEE8FDC4D.png

7EB74FB4-6F8E-4698-884E-3C497AA48963.jpeg

DAF326E7-7774-482E-AC60-2682FEE45A77.jpeg

BB64158A-CFD4-4CBD-8081-082453105BF3.jpeg

C3A19ABA-472F-459F-942F-DC11E24D0A0E.png

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
totally unnecessary on a bike with a motor
Eh?
What on earth makes you think the motor negates the need for quick rear hub engagement.
Because of the inheritant freewheel in a mid motors crank quite the opposite is true.

Magnets isn't a new idea here.

Their claim of "less resistance" and "rolling further and faster with less effort" is bullshit. So don't buy them if that's your reason whether for a normal bike or an Ebike

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Eh?
What on earth makes you think the motor negates the need for quick rear hub engagement.
Because of the inheritant freewheel in a mid motors crank quite the opposite is true.

Magnets isn't a new idea here.

Their claim of "less resistance" and "rolling further and faster with less effort" is bullshit. So don't buy them if that's your reason whether for a normal bike or an Ebike

I didn’t say I was buying one. Also that it’s probably nothing new.

I also said someone with more knowledge on the subject would chip in, so thanks for that. Even if it does appear somewhat aggressive 😂

My thoughts wasn’t around the ‘quick engagement’ it was more about their claims of reduced friction and improved rolling resistance. Something I assumed would be less noticeable in a 20 odd kg e bike that naturally will have decent momentum. And more of a benefit for a peddler where all the saved energy counts 👍🏻

I did take the marketing claims with a pinch of salt, however it did look an interesting concept. But thanks for the input mate

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I didn’t say I was buying one.
I hadn't assumed you were 😉
aggressive
You call THAT aggression?
Toughen up princess 😘

Something I assumed would be less noticeable in a 20 odd kg e bike that naturally will have decent momentum. And more of a benefit for a peddler where all the saved energy counts 👍🏻
The difference in wattage loss between most hubs is actually tiny (most create less than 2W in the first place).
To put that into some sort of perspective you'd be losing around 70w to a rear DH casing MAXXGRIP DHR tyre and around 20w to a lightweight cross country race tyre.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I hadn't assumed you were 😉

You call THAT aggression?
Toughen up princess 😘

The difference in wattage loss between most hubs is actually tiny (less than 2W).
To put that into some sort of perspective you'd be losing around 70w to a rear DH casing MAXXGRIP DHR tyre.

somewhat aggressive for a friendly chat on bike parts buttercup 👍🏻 Not talking about the real world 😉

So you would agree with me that it’s pointless on an massively overweight e bike on balloon size under inflated tyres piloted by an idiot Ebike newb 😂😂

but on a serious note, the dhr perspective is useful, thanks

ps - how you split them quotes. It’s annoyingly effective 🤣

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The claimed reduced resistance is useless on any bike.
You could argue the relevance in TT, TRI or track racing but there are already hubs available with less resistance than these. And freewheeling doesn't play a part in those disciplines anyway.

I only live in the real world.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
The claimed reduced resistance is useless on any bike.

I’ll take your word for it mate.
You think it could benefit from maintenance and longevity?

I haven’t quoted the rest because I don’t know how to split them and like you say, it’s irrelevant. 👍🏻

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles