STANCE E+ 2 2020 the thread, tyres, upgrades, etc...

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
You may want to post pics, questions, share. If you have the female frame
no problem, you are welcome !

WIN_20201031_15_08_42_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
What tires are you using? After 3 months i switched my 2.6 Rekon for 2.8 Rekon
and i liked the feel and extra grip. I started testing a 3.0 Nobby Nic front and
i like it.

Mambat

Mar 19, 2018
United Kingdom
My son's Stance
Pike 130/160mm Fork
Re-shimmed & Re-Valved Custom rear shock
Tougher Wheelset / 30mm Lyne -Components Rims /Hope rear hub / DT Swiss 350 front hub
Csixx Rim Protection Inserts
Maxxis Minion DHF 2.6 / Rekon 2.6
35mm Lyne-Components Stem
DMR Dirtjump saddle
38mm Chainring and Trance Spider
Custom DIY Chainguide

IMG_0026a.jpg

IMG_0319a.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
For the last 2 weeks i am using studded Terene Cake Eaters 2.8.
They are OK but i am looking for 3.0.
Any input?
Thanks.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
2 questions on fork.
My 2020 Stance E is stock like it came except for a chain replacement and winter tires.
Do you know if the Suntour 130 mm came stock with spacers(if so how many)?
Did you get it extended to 140 mm ?
For spring i am considering doing that to improve my ground clearance.

zeKe

Jan 14, 2022
norcal
new to the forum...posting my ride. swapping out the Thompson stem for a Diety with a bit for rise w/new bars and some ergon grips. Other than that I think she's good for a while. stay well, ride hard!
emtb.jpg

zeKe

Jan 14, 2022
norcal
Nice upgrades. What is your primary use for the bike? How much money did you put on it?
👍
I pretty much ride trails. However, I do have a de-regulator chip. I turn it on if I'm riding surface streets and it'll allow full time pedal assist (past the 25mph US reg). This is rare so it's usually turned off.

Upgrades:
fork (Fox 36 Factory 41mm offset; +20mm over OEM which were Rock Shox Recon Silver)
rear shock (Fox DPX2; OEM was Rock Shox Monarch)
rear mech (SRAM X01)
brakes (Magura)
brake rotors (202mm floating Magura; going to upgrade front to 220mm)
stem (Thomson; replacing with a Diety)
handle bars (Diety)
seat (Diety)
grips (Ergon)
tires (Maxxis Minion DHF DHR)
chain ring (Shimano Zee)
cranks (SRAM OEM)
SpeedBox 2.1 derestrictor
bunch of little stuff (ex. bolts, spacers, SRAM pulleys, valve caps, thru axels, front fender, etc.)

Basically, I just needed something to use as a canvas to put what I wanted on it.

All of that is probabaly just shy of +$3000. Pretty much the only things that are original are the wheelset, dropper post, chain, gear cluster, and bottom bracket). I'm thinking about taking every I removed and building a dirt jumper or something.

Oh, I also have a Garmin 830 computer with live tracking and auto SOS notification via txt w/GPS location....just in case I crash! :-|

Last edited:

Struthbooth

Nov 20, 2019
Perth Western Australia
I did the same with my Giant Stance E2 2020. Purchased it and rode it for a while.
Then over time I personalised it and upgraded things on it.

Upgrades so far:
Speedbox 2 Derestricted
Archer components Wireless shifting
Rockshox 35s forks 150mm (29, up from 27.5)
Cane Creek Double Barrel Rear shock
Hope Fortus Wheels 35s - Pro 4 hubs (Mullet - 29 upfront 27.5 rear)
Schwalbe 2.6 tyres
Giant contact switch dropper
Ergon E saddle
Renthal bars and stem
Garmin edge 830 mtb
Nukeproof Horizon Sam Hill Pedals
Fidlock water bottle
Trance Chainring Spider
40T Chainring
KMC DLC Chain
IMG_0923.jpg
Photo Sep 13, 11 56 05 AM.jpg

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
After 11 months with my Stance E + i sold it almost the price i paid.
Here in Quebec there was only one version, 400Wh.
I bought the 2021 Stance E+ now i am on 29, i have 500Wh and the main thing
the medium was a bit too long with 29 so i love my small frame.
The high demand make it the time to sell. I also sold 2 other bikes so my
fleet is younger. For our winter 400Wh was a bit small.

Clariss

Mar 6, 2022
Calgary
I see a lot of you changing the stance e+ chainring and crank arms, i have the 2021 liv embolden e+2, basically same as stance e+. What crank and chainrings fit yours? I cant find information on which one will work. Did you have to use the stance e+ spider and it fits? Where did you order the spider from. Any help would be appreciated.

ro1ex

Apr 3, 2022
Australia
chain ring (Shimano Zee)
cranks (SRAM OEM)

Hey there,
Really interested in changing out my 2021 Stance chainring too. Would appreciate your advice as to what parts you used and where from please.

Also as to your experience with the SpeedBox 2.1

Thanks in advance!

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I see a lot of you changing the stance e+ chainring and crank arms, i have the 2021 liv embolden e+2, basically same as stance e+. What crank and chainrings fit yours? I cant find information on which one will work. Did you have to use the stance e+ spider and it fits? Where did you order the spider from. Any help would be appreciated.
I am looking to replace my 160mm arms with 155mm I received a link, chain reaction
has some hope for 255$ canadian. 3 years ago i found shorter arms for 60$ so i keep
on shopping around.

Gioele470

Oct 14, 2021
Australia
new to the forum...posting my ride. swapping out the Thompson stem for a Diety with a bit for rise w/new bars and some ergon grips. Other than that I think she's good for a while. stay well, ride hard! View attachment 79926
Nice upgrades.
Did you do anything about the rear quick release skewer axel? Would love to change it over to a through axel but don't think the frame allows it.

Kiwi Giant

Subscriber
Feb 11, 2020
New Zealand
My upgrade was to a Fox Float DPS Performance Elite 184mm x 44mm. Purchased from a LBS, it was removed new from a 2018 Santa Cruz, Tallboy and had been sitting around until they had a clearout. Unfortunately 184mm x 44mm (7.25” x 1.75”) is not a very common size so the market and hence choice available is small. The 190mm x 45mm is still quite a small shock but is slightly more common.

billy19usa

Nov 10, 2022
Los Angeles
I pretty much ride trails. However, I do have a de-regulator chip. I turn it on if I'm riding surface streets and it'll allow full time pedal assist (past the 25mph US reg). This is rare so it's usually turned off.

Upgrades:
fork (Fox 36 Factory 41mm offset; +20mm over OEM which were Rock Shox Recon Silver)
rear shock (Fox DPX2; OEM was Rock Shox Monarch)
rear mech (SRAM X01)
brakes (Magura)
brake rotors (202mm floating Magura; going to upgrade front to 220mm)
stem (Thomson; replacing with a Diety)
handle bars (Diety)
seat (Diety)
grips (Ergon)
tires (Maxxis Minion DHF DHR)
chain ring (Shimano Zee)
cranks (SRAM OEM)
bunch of little stuff (ex. bolts, spacers, SRAM pulleys, valve caps, thru axels, front fender, etc.)

Basically, I just needed something to use as a canvas to put what I wanted on it.

All of that is probabaly just shy of +$3000. Pretty much the only things that are original are the wheelset, dropper post, chain, gear cluster, and bottom bracket). I'm thinking about taking every I removed and building a dirt jumper or something.

Oh, I also have a Garmin 830 computer with live tracking and auto SOS notification via txt w/GPS location....just in case I crash! :-|
What size DPX2 did you use?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles