• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

ST unlocker - Settings wont stick

Bobcat

Nov 26, 2021
Uk
EP8, have successfully downgraded to 4.0.2 as per instructions. Connect with ST unlocker and premium license no problem, but when I try to change the market settings to US (from EU), or circumference for that matter it says it has done it but immediately defaults back to EU and default wheel circumference.

Anyone seen this happen? re-installed ST unlocker, same problem.

Last edited:

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
EP8, have successfully downgraded to 4.0.2 as per instructions. Connect with ST unlocker and premium license no problem, but when I try to change the market settings to US (from EU), or circumference for that matter it says it has done it but immediately defaults back to EU and default wheel circumference.

Anyone seen this happen? re-installed ST unlocker, same problem.
Try to unpair your bike at phone's bluetooth settings

Bobcat

Nov 26, 2021
Uk
Try to unpair your bike at phone's bluetooth settings
Thanks, I clicked forget device and repaired. The same issue, says it’s done but straight back to EU.

8DFD7CE2-9939-4758-8B10-8283B41B9640.jpeg
3052B4F0-8F3A-4535-88F6-6D870AEE61A4.png

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Thanks, I clicked forget device and repaired. The same issue, says it’s done but straight back to EU.
First time I saw the same issue few days before from other customer. He was able to fix this issue by unpairing a bike in Bluetooth settings. I have nothing more to help you (if you really have FW 4.0.2 on your bike). The App works for all the other thousands of my customers.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Nov 26, 2021
Uk
First time I saw the same issue few days before from other customer. I have nothing more to help you. The App works for all the other thousands of my customers.
I think I will also try it on a different device, will let you know the outcome.

Deimos

Apr 25, 2021
Germany
Are you Sure you are on the right Firmware ? Because i think thats exactly whats Happens with the newer Firmware where Bluetooth Modifikation is blocked.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I think I understand who you are. You're the person who paid for the license and then demanded a refund and got it. So it's not surprising that the App does not work with your serial number.

Bobcat

Nov 26, 2021
Uk
I think I understand who you are. You're the person who paid for the license and then demanded a refund and got it. So it's not surprising that the App does not work with your serial number.
I don’t believe I was refunded but will check it now, I had no means to apply old firmware hence the original refund request. I have since acquired an android phone for this purpose following the support feedback. If it was refunded, happy to purchase again obviously.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I don’t believe I was refunded but will check it now, I had no means to apply old firmware hence the original refund request. I have since acquired an android phone for this purpose following the support feedback. If it was refunded, happy to purchase again obviously.
You got refund Mon, 31 Oct 2022, 19:17

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles