SRAM release cheaper GX level wireless AXS

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Nice piece of kit for the money when you compare to the X01

How much is the derailleur on its own, In case of an accident?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
£342

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 14.53.50.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
How much is a cable!!
Good point, think what you save on not needing a cable for starters .... it's a classic theme though ???

Who has a home phone like this ?

phone.jpg

You don't need cordless battery phones, but we've all got them - be far simpler if the thing was on a cable, always easy to find and never goes flat !

Or who has a cabled TV remote ?

Wireless charging ?

Anyone got a MOBILE TELEPHONE ? Yup, wireless communications. Totally unnecessary, but we all have them.

Key ? Or wireless car unlocking ?

Bluetooth headphones ?? Or a nice simple cable ?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
That's going to get right on your wick when you obliterate it on a tree stump at Rogate.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That's going to get right on your wick when you obliterate it on a tree stump at Rogate.
You just press the reset button and the little nano bots inside re-build it .....

I think it would work out too expensive for me, I regularly use the bottom pulley as a stabiliser . ?

It should probably say on the box in big letters "Not recommended for MUPPETS"

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
Fun thing about posting after Muppets is you can ask 'really' stupid questions. Ive got a 11-speed GX cassette (1150 from memory) ,, any way I can upgrade to AXS with current set up or do I need 12-speed ?

Lovely bit of kit btw ..

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
You can use the eagle cassette with HG fit to save you having to change the driver.

From SRAM:
Is there a cassette available with an 11-tooth start so I don’t have to change the driver on my rear wheel to XD?

SRAM offers a PG-1230 Eagle cassette which utilizes the HG splined driver body interface. This is compatible with all of our Eagle drivetrain parts as part of the Eagle ecosystem. However, for optimum performance the XG-1275 cassette is used in the GX Eagle AXS offering.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
SRAM just made destroying the rear derailleur from ridiculously expensive to just expensive.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I'm on the fence, I was waiting for the GX version to come out and 600USD is still a lot of money, but so was my 6500$ SL comp + 1900 in suspension and brake upgrades as well as bar, stem and peds. The kit comes to 7% of the build so far.

Which, unfortunately doesn't sound too bad to me.

And I really regret adding all that up.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
This an upgrade I would have seriously considered a few weeks ago.
I rode my mates axs geared bike today and it is impressive and a doddle to use, feels weird that you don't have to push with any pressure to seamlessly change gear.
Another positive is there is no spring to pull the dérailleur back down the cassette, so it shouldn't get lazy at downshifting over time as the regular one does ?
However 3 of our riding group have had their dérailleurs torn off recently, myself included, a replacement was £110 for Eagle gx, I would have been gutted if I had to shell out £350.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
This an upgrade I would have seriously considered a few weeks ago.
I rode my mates axs geared bike today and it is impressive and a doddle to use, feels weird that you don't have to push with any pressure to seamlessly change gear.
Another positive is there is no spring to pull the dérailleur back down the cassette, so it shouldn't get lazy at downshifting over time as the regular one does ?
However 3 of our riding group have had their dérailleurs torn off recently, myself included, a replacement was £110 for Eagle gx, I would have been gutted if I had to shell out £350.
this is a very good point Paul Mac.

My original thought's were to upgrade to the standard Xo1 at some point so the dollar difference isn't as much but still more $$ than a replacement GX.

I've never really seen rear mechs as a consumable as I've only broken the the old carbon fiber 9.0's from the early 90's or so. They were just fragile and were changed after the testing was over.

jadias89

Feb 24, 2021
Denbigh
Sold! Known this was coming for a month or two but was waiting for it to appear with the distributors. Got a conversion kit on order... to go on my Rise M10, whenever that arrives. AXS plus HyperGlide+ dream team - sign me up!

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Sold! Known this was coming for a month or two but was waiting for it to appear with the distributors. Got a conversion kit on order... to go on my Rise M10, whenever that arrives. AXS plus HyperGlide+ dream team - sign me up!

Yes , I saw Levey and Kazimmer on Pink Bike talkin AXS derailleur with Shimano cassette and chain .
But ,,, nah still disposables here .

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Looks like the X01 on it's own can be found for €450 ... so presumably less than that ...

I would assume that is just for the derailleur, you would still need the wireless shifter, battery and charger. Unless you buy the complete upgrade kit you have to buy all of those items as they are all sold individually if not bought at a kit.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

That's what I'm running, AXS X01 derailleur with a SLX 12spd cassette. Works great.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I would assume that is just for the derailleur, you would still need the wireless shifter, battery and charger. Unless you buy the complete upgrade kit you have to buy all of those items as they are all sold individually if not bought at a kit.
Yes, it is. It was in response to the question of how much is just a replacement derailleur. (y)

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
This might be something to come around as a xmas treat if this year does manage to come out of the burning wreckage that it started as. I have concerns about having such an expensive vunerable part but having recently had some shifting issues it would be nice to at least change what can go wrong. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles