Sram GX AXS ghosting

Gazemtb

Dec 30, 2022
Burnham on sea
So I have a Sram AXS which seems to be skipping in the second largest cog tries going up. The rest are fine, I have a new chain, new cassette and new chain ring. Have I read right that you can micro shift individual gears? As when I micro shift on that gear it affects the others and puts them out. Thinking of going back to cable….any advice out there

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I had a similar issue with 4th gear. Every time I adjust the alignment, through the app, it would affect the shifting from 11-12. However, once I rode the bike the issue was gone. Maybe when torque was applied …who knows?🤷‍♂️

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So assuming you changed cassette to a SRAM Eagle cassette, you new chain is the correct length and chainwheel the same size you should re- index the gears. Chain on second largest cog............press and hold the shifter button and press the upper paddle twice.
If that does not work check and reset as necessary the B Tension using the SRAM white adjustment tool ( done with the shock at SAG position).........check the adjustment tool pointer points directly at the centre of the upper jockey wheel central bolt.

Given it is gearchange onto the most inboard cog that is causing you problems, check that the mech is not choked with mud/trail debris that may be preventing it moving freel against its spring.

nb if B Tension is too far out the gearchange may not work properly in a bike stand but will when the bike is ridden ( due to SAG changing the chain gap/B Tension). A correct B Tension will allow good gearchange both on the bike stand and when ridden

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
"press and hold the shifter button and press the upper paddle twice."
I'd never heard this. Do you mean press and hold the button on the derailleur and press the upper paddle twice? Does this just fine tune the position to second gear with the chain on that ring?

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot there was a button on the shifter as well.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I'd never heard this. Do you mean press and hold the button on the derailleur and press the upper paddle twice? Does this just fine tune the position to second gear with the chain on that ring?

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot there was a button on the shifter as well.
yes the shifter button. Im not sure why they recommend doing this when on the one but last ( biggest) cog but my guess is that whilst the mech already knows how far to move to change gear, the variable can be spring tension in the mech which can change slightly due to a number of things..................friction in the mech, dirt etc on the spring, temperature.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles