SRAM Code brakes - Issues?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
So the Kenevo that I’m using has SRAM Code brakes. Really spongy feel as well as the lever going right back to the bars.

Took it to a local bike shop near where I’m staying who bled them but noticed that 2 of the rear pistons were jammed and also lots of air in the system.

Also I’ve almost smashed through the pads all round already. Bikes only done 49 kilometres since new. Is that right?!

I’ve got Codes on the Levo Expert which seem ok, but wondered if SRAM are just a bit temperamental or have poor QC?

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I have guide RE on my levo, guide levers code calipers they have been spongy right from the start, pad life seems ok but they are really noisy. You can improve things by doing a lever bleed, just strap the levers back to the bars with a couple of cable ties and leave it overnight, then do a lever bleed on each brake and that should improve things.......maybe
Personally i have never been a fan of sram brakes and just bought myself a set of the new shimano xt m8020 brakes.
Anybody want a set of guide RE!!

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Rob a day at bikepark in the wet seems to kill a set of pads
I guess an ebike is only going to wear them faster
Got code r on the new bike , no problems yet . Seems to me they are all a bit tempermental . We’ve had 3 lots of shimano xt8000 fail completely , all replaced under warranty but seems a common fault , lever just stuck in to bar . And they seem to pump up while braking on bumpy ground
Currently having a few issues with some new hopes on mates bike , spongy and unpredictable bite point with uneven pad wear .
Never yet seen a new bike come out of a shop with brakes set up very well and poor set up seems to kill pads even quicker especially on 4 pot caliper

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles