Sram ax’s gx wireless

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Hold the small button under the shifter in with one hand then whilst watching the derailleur press either the up or down shifter button (depending which way you want to move the derailleur) each time the green light flashes on the derailleur means a very slight shift, almost too small to see with naked eye. Hope this helps.

Paul willis

Jun 11, 2020
Wisbech
Yes it does wanker in shop said I had to press button on derailer then shifter to get it to blink then up or down ,that’s why I am not getting any ware so button on shifter blink then up or down ,every time I want it to move do I have to do same thing as it moves light on deraileir goes green

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Without punctuation, I'm struggling to see what the problem is. What are you trying to solve? Both my AXS bikes have needed exactly zero adjustment out of the box besides the b screw.

Gordon

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Microshift is used for micro adjustment of the derailleur laterally to the cassette, same as rotating barrel adjuster to adjust cable tension on regular shifters. If your GX derailleur shifts nicely in both directions then no micro adjustment is needed. If shifts to larger cogs are slow then you must hold the small switch on GX controller and at the same time you press one shift to larger cog and then you recheck shifting and repeat if necessary. If shifts to smaller cogs are slow then you must hold the small switch on GX controller and at the same time you press one shift to the smaller cog and then you recheck shifting and repeat if necessary. You can also check your current microshift adjustment in AXS app.

Last edited:

Paul willis

Jun 11, 2020
Wisbech
Thanks are you telling me you don’t have to press the button on derailer for it to flash to sinc ,how do I check it on the app what do I go into I had look yesterday only to fail

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
You use button on derailleur only for pairing derailleur with controller. For Microshift you only press buttons on controller.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Year 2029: 2 blinks then a wink with your left eye will tell the AXS Rider Glasses to steer your eMTB to the left. The Sram program will automatically sync the AXS shifter, AXS dropper, AXS fork suspension, AXS rear suspension, AXS cadence modulation and AXS tire pressure inflation/deflation triggers.
I’m looking forward to the new AXS hydration injector which should sync to my AXS necklace. 😉

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Year 2029: 2 blinks then a wink with your left eye will tell the AXS Rider Glasses to steer your eMTB to the left. The Sram program will automatically sync the AXS shifter, AXS dropper, AXS fork suspension, AXS rear suspension, AXS cadence modulation and AXS tire pressure inflation/deflation triggers.
I’m looking forward to the new AXS hydration injector which should sync to my AXS necklace. 😉

Nonsense.
I installed the Sram GX derailer with the Shimano HG cassette. I had to change the guide jockey wheel from the original narrow/wide to a Shimano 13t guide wheel. Apparently it’s the best of both worlds. Too quiet and too smooth. A slight micro-adjustment was required via the controller only. (Press the controller “pairing button “ while activating up or down). This is similar to a barrel adjustment to fine tune a derailer.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The Sram program will automatically sync the AXS shifter, AXS dropper, AXS fork suspension, AXS rear suspension, AXS cadence modulation and AXS tire pressure inflation/deflation triggers.
You forgot the AXS telescoping handlebars, AXS fully automatic electric over hydraulic braking system, AXS retractable rear mud guard, AXS terrain feedback colour changing grips, AXS motorised automatic hydration system, AXS dynamic wheelbase, AXS temperature controlled saddle, AXS bearing performance monitoring system and of course, the ever popular AXS bell - activated using a long press on the shifter.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Was just in a meeting about controlling devices with your thoughts. Using a neuro system. Not sure it’ll be here by 2029 even for the multi trillion dollar war business but it is seriously coming.
Well that's not going to work is it.

This is a picture with all the guns controls connected to Bambam's brain ... They stayed in that position all day ..

m1bambam.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
… the ever popular AXS bell - activated using a long press on the shifter.
I need that. Not only do I like a bell, I never activate it at the right time.
Sneaking up on a bear or worse, a hiker with blaring ear-buds can ruin your day. I’m ok with an off-the-leash dog using my ankle as a chew-toy but self-righteous-dramatic hiker can cause me to loose sleep. Perhaps an AXS strobe light or shoulder tap device. 😉

I think once I commit to the Sram/AXS eco system I start to look forward to the next AXS upgrade. The AXS Flight Attendant f/r is on my radar. At first I thought this was a joke but after seeing the reviews …it’s got me thinking. There’s a cadence sensor in my Bosch motor so likely some sort of integration there. There are multiple grade and terrain changes on my climbs. My suspension is fine but I don’t stop to change for different conditions. It’s a set it and forget it system. Flight Attendant might help.
I’m very happy with my AXS GX and the hacked version of my drivetrain. I’m deep into it now so it might be too late. Perhaps an eMTB support group …I have a problem.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Was just in a meeting about controlling devices with your thoughts. Using a neuro system. Not sure it’ll be here by 2029 even for the multi trillion dollar war business but it is seriously coming.
This seems like a better system than an antiquated “blink-blink” or “wink-blink-inadvertent-frown”. My current riding glasses would become obsolete too. Think of the controversy this could cause with plastic surgeons and my numerous Botox injections.

Since I already have a micro-chip injected via the Covid-19 vaccine, and the “Thought-Police” are heavily regulated …a neurological control system makes sense. I hope Sram can adapt this system from the military to the real-world eMTB. The possibilities are endless. Maybe our tires and wheels will become more rounder-er.
Anyways, It’s nice to see that an insider like Bam has our interest. 🤔

markvanhaze77

Jun 14, 2021
GB
Nonsense.
I installed the Sram GX derailer with the Shimano HG cassette. I had to change the guide jockey wheel from the original narrow/wide to a Shimano 13t guide wheel. Apparently it’s the best of both worlds. Too quiet and too smooth. A slight micro-adjustment was required via the controller only. (Press the controller “pairing button “ while activating up or down). This is similar to a barrel adjustment to fine tune a derailer.
I also ride a Shimano HG cassette but its 11 speed. Of course I could change the cassette but heres a thought: Why cant we software control and change the indexing on the axs? I mean besides the obvious financial reason to buy more gear. After all, this is just a stepper motor and its position must be fully adjustable.

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
I also ride a Shimano HG cassette but its 11 speed. Of course I could change the cassette but heres a thought: Why cant we software control and change the indexing on the axs? I mean besides the obvious financial reason to buy more gear. After all, this is just a stepper motor and its position must be fully adjustable.

Like Archer Components (Archer Components Electronic Shifting for Every Bike). I like their idea - any drivetrain converts to electric shifting.

Shame it's a proper bolt-on option.

As you say, it's just a software thing - we should be able to tell the AXS mech that it's 9/10/11/12 speed or indeed whatevere.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles