Christchurch - New Zealand
Product Image:
sq1.JPG

sq2.JPG

sq3.JPG

Product name: SQ Labs 6OX ERGOWAVE active 2.1
Price paid: £104
Score (out of 10): 10

Review: Been waiting a while to post this one, think I've done enough kilometres now to give it a good judgment. This is in my opinion the best EMTB saddle on the market. Make sure to measure your sit bones correctly then (add cm based on seating position).

This is without a doubt the BEST saddle I have ever used and I've used a lot. Supremely comfortable and just a joy to use. I also have an Ergon SM Pro on my hardtail and whilst its good this beats it everywhere. I'll never buy any other saddle brand after trying an SQ Labs.

I would have loved to have got the new Infinergy (German made) model but this 60x was all that's available in my local market. This model has the three elastomer pads that fit under the saddle depending on your weight.

Can't add much more, nearly 200km on it now and no sign of any pain or discomfort at all.

Feel free to ask any questions...

Last edited:

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Good review.

I'm running the Infinergy, and I like it. Currently it's at 550 miles. I concur that you need to measure your butt and then do the math as they suggest on the web page. I'm running a little wider than they suggested, but I think I could go a little bit narrower. It's hard to know for sure.

In the past I was a staunch WTB rider, but now I like SQLabs.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I've got just over a thousand miles on mine. I still like it, but like I said before, go narrower if you're undecided.

One flaw in this saddle is the way the rails are painted. The paint flakes off and looks shabby. The flaked-off paint also reduces the friction of the clamps. I've never had this problem on other brands of saddles. I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't buy an SQLabs saddle, but if the CEO of the company is reading this, I suggest you get your s4|t together and fix the problem.

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
Thanks for the review. How do you arrive at the width?
What elastomer do you find works best?

A tester found the Infinergy version had problems with the cover material sticking to his shorts, so suggested normal version.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

A tester found the Infinergy version had problems with the cover material sticking to his shorts, so suggested normal version.

I have an Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime, very similar I think but without the quality glitches (after 6 months use).

Last edited:

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand

SQlabs website will help you measure sit bone width or if your lucky enough to live close to an SQ Labs dealer they have a proper tool for measuring. Then as per the website you add 1-3cm depending on riding position.

The elastomer is based on weight, Soft = 40-70Kg, Medium = 65-85Kg and Hard = 80Kg to 110Kg. Ive only ever used Hard as I weigh 100kg never thought of using a lighter one as its already supremely comfortable.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California

Below is a link to a short YouTube video showing how to measure sit bones with a paper towel and a sheet of printer paper. It takes mere minutes. At first I didn't believe the accuracy, but I did multiple tests, and the results were repeatable.

I'm using the medium elastomer because the instructions say that the lightest is for scrawny little riders. I'm not that.

I've come to like the cover material and the friction it creates. I hope that doesn't sound TOO weird. One of my other saddles is completely smooth and slippery. For me, it's not as good.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Me too! 😀 I've had the similar SQlab 610 ERGOLUX® active 2.0 for over 1.5 years and > 6.300 km's now and it's been a pleasure riding it, whether for commuting or in rougher conditions on trail. It still looks and feels new, so I would always go for SQlab again.

Daboss

Jan 17, 2021
Melbourne
Jeeezzz, I must be the only one that has had issues with this type of saddle, I recently purchased the 611 active in 14cm for my 11.5cm measurement, was running the white elastomer rated for my weight, saddle was installed at zero, on my dual suspension mtb, the first 10-15mins felt good with the factory fitted medium elastomer, at 30plus mark my sit bones were screaming, dull ache with the white elastomer.

Tried every adjustment all with the same 30plus Min result running the white elastomer, but definitely can say no pain down south though which was the reason for the purchase, my standard saddle is the power comp which has been fit for purpose but wanted something better.

Any suggestions pees?, or maybe the 611 isn't the right saddle, was thinking of trialing the 60x active.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Why would you go for a 14cm saddle when the measurement is 11.5 cm? You're not on a touring bike, where you'd almost be sitting upright, are you? 12-13cm should be the right choice, imo.

Daboss

Jan 17, 2021
Melbourne
Why would you go for a 14cm saddle when the measurement is 11.5 cm? You're not on a touring bike, where you'd almost be sitting upright, are you? 12-13cm should be the right choice, imo.
11.5cm plus 2cm for riding position (MTB)13.5 round up to 14cm as per sqlabs site.

I normally ride the power comp in 143cm.

Last edited:

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I'm riding with assos so that's not the issue, haven't had this issue with any other saddle.

I wasn't a fan of mine when I first got it. I set it up like I would a normal saddle. Then I read the instructions and followed them. I ended up tilting the nose lower. The "shelf" in between the nose and the tail end is about level. It made a big difference.

Daboss

Jan 17, 2021
Melbourne
I wasn't a fan of mine when I first got it. I set it up like I would a normal saddle. Then I read the instructions and followed them. I ended up tilting the nose lower. The "shelf" in between the nose and the tail end is about level. It made a big difference.
I'm looking to re purchase but this time I'll go for the 60x active, rather than the 611, and give it a red hot go for the trial period.