Speedbox2 on PW-X2

Akemtb

Mar 1, 2019
Anchorage Alaska
Thinking of installing the Speedbox2 on my PW-X2. The motor is on a Haibike Full Fatsix 10.0, looks like an easy install.

Unlike Bosch, Yamaha doesn’t have software that will detect the use of a tuner; you just need to remove before taking to the dealer.

Fatsix gearing would only allow maybe 26 MPH, just nice not hitting that 20mph wall.

Ride lots of single track and other dirt trails; commute from my house, the extra speed would be welcome.

Don’t see a downside, it’s not like I’d go any faster on the trails. I’d welcome the extra speed to blast on the flats.

At 65 I don’t ride too aggressive anymore but get a thrill out of blasting by the youngsters.

BTW, have peddled Thousands of miles on the Bosch Gen 3, test rode Brose and Bosch Gen 4, Yamaha rocks!

Thinking of installing the Speedbox2 on my PW-X2. The motor is on a Haibike Full Fatsix 10.0, looks like an easy install.

Unlike Bosch, Yamaha doesn’t have software that will detect the use of a tuner; you just need to remove before taking to the dealer.

Fatsix gearing would only allow maybe 26 MPH, just nice not hitting that 20mph wall.

Ride lots of single track and other dirt trails; commute from my house, the extra speed would be welcome.

Don’t see a downside, it’s not like I’d go any faster on the trails. I’d welcome the extra speed to blast on the flats.

At 65 I don’t ride too aggressive anymore but get a thrill out of blasting by the youngsters.

BTW, have peddled Thousands of miles on the Bosch Gen 3, test rode Brose and Bosch Gen 4, Yamaha rocks!
Hi, just let me know how the speedbox 2 works on your PW-X2. My first ebike was a haibike with Yamaha PW ST and extra Blueped. Worked like a charm. Now I ride a Giant e+ with synchdrive pro2. Installing a whatever-Box in this bike seems to be great Challenger. German resriction for ebikes is 15 mph and it s***s. My age and riding habbit seems to bei similar to yours.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles