Speed sensor magnet question

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I’ve bought some Hope rotors but I seem to have overlooked the speed sensor magnet, I want a Hope magnet to go with the rotors, but I’m unsure what size to buy for my Whyte e150, can anyone with the same bike help with this question please, thanks guys👍

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Sorry Steve, when you say the Whyte forum, do you mean the Whyte section on here, if not can you post me a link please mate

golfatha

Jan 17, 2023
Northumberland
I’ve bought some Hope rotors but I seem to have overlooked the speed sensor magnet, I want a Hope magnet to go with the rotors, but I’m unsure what size to buy for my Whyte e150, can anyone with the same bike help with this question please, thanks guys👍
Hi I’ve put a Hope speed sensor magnet on my cube as I fitted Hope rotors the size you need is to measure from
hi I’ve fitted Hope rotors to my cube and the magnet I had was attached to the axel and wouldn’t fit with new rotors so Hope do 2 sizes an R32 and an R24 these bolt to 2 of the six rotor bolts to know which one you need you need to measure from the centre of the rotor to ur speed sensor
IMG_3954.png
and mine was 32mm so I needed the R32 if ur measurement is 24mm you need the R24 magnet another thing to watch out is that the Hope magnet measures 3.5mm thick so obviously this adds another 3.5mm to ur rotor thickness so you need to measure clearance here

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Many thanks for your feedback and the technical information too mate, chances are I’m pretty sure I’ll need the R32 magnet too, I think I’ll play it safe and wait until my rotors arrive, fit them and then I’ll whip out my digital callipers and measure it more accurately, thanks again buddy.

golfatha

Jan 17, 2023
Northumberland
Many thanks for your feedback and the technical information too mate, chances are I’m pretty sure I’ll need the R32 magnet too, I think I’ll play it safe and wait until my rotors arrive, fit them and then I’ll whip out my digital callipers and measure it more accurately, thanks again buddy.
No prob pleased I could help another little plus for the Hope magnet is that every now and again I would go to pedal and there would be no assistance at all even tho everything was switched on, so I had to power down every time and mt local bike store didn’t know what this was but since fitting the hope magnet 700 miles later not a single issue

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
No prob pleased I could help another little plus for the Hope magnet is that every now and again I would go to pedal and there would be no assistance at all even tho everything was switched on, so I had to power down every time and mt local bike store didn’t know what this was but since fitting the hope magnet 700 miles later not a single issue
Oh right I’ll remember that, I did think about using my old magnet but the Hope one looks a lot better 👍😎

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles