Levo Gen 3 Specialized Turbo Levo, S2 or S3?

Lee77uk

Mar 10, 2023
Polegate
Hi guys, I have two Specialized turbo levo’s in my basket, S2 and the S3. I can’t decide which one to get. I’m a little over 5’5” with a 28 inch inside leg and wingspan of approx 168 cm.

I mainly ride trails, nothing to extreme..

Am I right in thinking the S3 would be better for more casual trail riding? and the S2 for more technical stuff?

Which would I be safer getting and then making modifications to find the sweet spot, smaller or larger?

Armor11

Dec 26, 2022
BC, Canada
I am just under 5'7" (wingspan of 69") and ride an S2. I like my bikes on the smaller side but by no means am I feeling confined. I ride trails and technical and feel comfortable on both. I tried the fit on an S3 and felt it was to big. If you look at the sizing chart you are definitely an S2. I feel the reach may be a little to much on the S3, just my feelings though.

NCMike

Aug 12, 2022
georgia
Good call. I’m 5’7” and buy 30” pants and ride an S2. Wouldn’t even consider an S3. Two big things to condider: these bikes are much heavier than a traditional bike (but dont notice it on the trail) so a longer bike would be much more difficult to maneuver than the same size traditional bike, and 2. These bikes are much more “raked out” than most traditional bikes so they ride like a bigger bike than they are. I had to learn to really lean the bike in corners more than I used to because of it. It took some learning, but now love it and wouldn’t want to go back.

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm 5'10ish with a 30-inch inside leg and going with an S3, I technically fit an S4, but my last bike was a Large Giant, which always felt too large. I tested a medium Giant, and it felt perfect right away. Going by Giant's charts, I'm a Large.

So with Specialized, I haven't tested an S3 yet, but I did an S4, and it felt similar to my large giant. So going to order an S3. Big trend in the market is bigger bikes, but it feels like there is a change in thinking around that.

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
I am just under 5'7" (wingspan of 69") and ride an S2. I like my bikes on the smaller side but by no means am I feeling confined. I ride trails and technical and feel comfortable on both. I tried the fit on an S3 and felt it was to big. If you look at the sizing chart you are definitely an S2. I feel the reach may be a little to much on the S3, just my feelings though.
Same size as you and I went with the S3 but tried to find an S2. The S2 reach and wheelbase are very close to my 2022 SL medium which feels just right. My S3 just feels too big with too much weight on my hands when seated. I recently lowered the saddle a lot and pushed the seat forward all the way and need to see if that lightens my hand pressure. I got the LEVO Carbon when it was on sale for $3500. and my dealer looked all over the country for an S2. I put a 2021 Lyrik Ultimate fork on it that I had and since the steerer tube was cut a bit short I could only fit a 10mm spacer so I've also got 50mm riser bars. Too expensive to buy a frameset and I might start riding the SL more. But I sure will miss the Turbo Levo's power, lol.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles