Specialized Turbo Levo Rockshox Shock - Please help

yzf1999

Mar 25, 2018
Bloomington, Illinois
Ok guys my new comp carbon Levon came in...my specialized dealer set up my rear shock auto sag when I picked it up. I took it home and started reading the manual. I noticed he did the sag incorrectly. My shock will not hold the 30% sag. After sitting for a few hours if you sit on it the shock it almost bottoms out. I tried setting the sag correctly (use hand shock pump and pump shock to 275psi...sit on bike and push the auto sag button...close the valve then cycle the shock 5 times)...it seems perfect. Then it slowly starts getting softer and softer....Did the fact that my dealer used a foot style floor pump to pump the shock the first time to 275 psi have any thing to do with the shock not acting correctly??....when he hit the silver auto sag button it was WAY louder escape of air than when I did it again later. It’s back at my dealer now for shock warranty issue....I’m seriously thinking of getting a fox shock for it.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I had a fox last year and wish I kept it from my 17 Levo. This one that comes on the 18 is a total waste of time. Mine leaks out overnight has from day one. Ohlins coil shock may be good.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
should have asked you are closing the valve after setting the sag right?

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Yes closing it off after pressing it. After setting the sag it sits about 20% sag after one day ride or not it is at 30% on mine.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
ok you do need to cycle them after setting the sag and then check again and the shock needs to be in the open position but if you are doing all of that and its still not working take it back. there might even be a recall there is on the Olins forks
I know people are saying the fox is better. but the rockshocks is much more tuneable, I had a stiffer shim stack put in mine and its now very good

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Definitely doesn't sound right. That's the RockShox shock you have on that one. Take it back and get a warranty claim on it. (y)

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
I have the RockShox on my carbon Levo - just had its first service, and the lock out was not working - don’t think it ever has, as it isn’t something I had used - no difference between the two positions for the blue lever....I also had to pump the sag up every few rides.
Just FYI, LBS (great guys) said that it was certainly a warranty job, BUT - the shock you get back is different, and loses the auto-sag, as it isn’t used anymore. So I’d get the working lockout, but lose the auto-sag....seems that 2018 shock can have issues.
LBS came up with a different solution, swapping a shock in from another new bike, so I could keep riding - top lads - and they can pursue the replacement shock.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Will they let you trade if for another brand or give you credit as mine is doing the same thing. Last years fox that came on the Expert was really good. I have to pump mine up every ride looses 10% of its travel in three hours during a ride.

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Will they let you trade if for another brand or give you credit as mine is doing the same thing. Last years fox that came on the Expert was really good. I have to pump mine up every ride looses 10% of its travel in three hours during a ride.
I suspect that is entirely LBS specific mate - but under the circumstances , you would think there should be a few options....

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Sound like your shop is fairly receptive but the autosag is a paid for feature and you should be compensated.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I’d contact Specialized directly before accepting a replacement shock without autosag, they are a good company and I feel they would want to make sure your happy.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Set it up with the autosag, then screw a shock pump on and see what pressure it's at. Leave it until it's gone down and screw the pump back on and see what it's at.

You should loose a few psi everytime you disconnect the pump, but if you're loosing much air overnight then it's a faulty shock.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Took the Levo in for the shock loosing pressure. The shop is sending it back to specialized for replacement but have given me a new fox floater shock as I liked that shock more last year. I can’t say enough about my bike shop awesome customer service.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I really like this shock really glad I have one back

B729D7AC-93ED-4D3B-8888-52C2CC093A5A.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles