Specialized Range Calculator

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
Hello All,
I have discovered that Specialized has a range calculator on its website (at least in US) that will allow you to estimate range based on your Height, Weight, Average Speed, Mode, Frequency of Stops, and Terrain. I have found it useful and it will calculate in Metric or Imperial. One tip is that dependent on your terrain you should adjust your average speed as it will not do it for you. It may or may not be dependent on the model of Specialized Levo or Kenevo you have.

Range Calculator

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
It is called the Distance Calculator and it is dependent on the model you ride but the difference is minuscule. Your weight, however, makes a massive difference so it's a great motivator to ditch the heavy equipment or better yet lose some weight!

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
You go to Specialized.com and locate your eMTB model and it is the distance calculator button under the bik

8B8F1E8A-29C1-4F95-A9CC-39A3A5A55FA3.png

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
It is only on the US version of the site as far as I've been able to see so if you want to use it just change the region to US after going to the generic Specialized.com, which is the same URL in every country but a different version.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
It is only on the US version of the site as far as I've been able to see so if you want to use it just change the region to US after going to the generic Specialized.com, which is the same URL in every country but a different version.

Agreed, doesn't work on UK site, but changed region and I'm in. Thanks

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
It is called the Distance Calculator and it is dependent on the model you ride but the difference is minuscule. Your weight, however, makes a massive difference so it's a great motivator to ditch the heavy equipment or better yet lose some weight!

Hell yes, so true!
A friend of mine has pimped every bit on his (non-e) enduro bike with carbon, a lightweight dropper post, an old shimano XT drive (cause it's lighter), a small cassette - all to save some grams at the cost of multiple hundred bucks. He sais with a lighter bike, he doesn't need an ebike to get up the steep climbs ^^

Me on the other side, i lost 2kg weight since 3 weeks just from riding my new ebike at a heart rate that's better to burn the fat.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
The figures on the range calculator are very optimistic!
It suggested I should be getting 47 miles for my riding and weight, where in reality I get more like 32 Miles.

DaveL

Aug 31, 2018
Pukekohe, New Zealand
The figures on the range calculator are very optimistic!...

I totally agree. I did 34k's on a 2019 Kenevo Expert yesterday at an average of 15kph with 679m elevation gain. I used Turbo for no more than 200m in the entire ride, Eco (set to 15%) for about 5% of the ride and the rest of the time I was in Trail mode. The battery was at 5% by the end of the ride. According to the Range Calculator I can do 39k's/650m altitude gain in TURBO! or 54k's/895m in Trail.... That's miles out, there's no way I was getting another 20k's out of that battery! There's a disclaimer regarding track conditions/clothing etc. and I get that but I was riding flowing tracks with a gravel base (there was less than 100m of slippery/muddy track in total) and I wasn't dragging an open parachute behind me.

This looks more like a sales and marketing pitch than any attempt to provide valuable, real world information to me. I wouldn't want to plan a trip based on the figures that were given that's for sure. I'll be interested to see if anyone posts here saying it was (even close to) being accurate for them.

1st post in this forum, done! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles