Levo SL Gen 1 Specialized - please make an SL version of the new Stumpy Evo!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
More specifically the EVO Ltd, pretty please!

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 22.06.53.png

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
They did all the right things with this evo imo. The sl treatment makes a lot of sense unless they want to do an enduro sl to keep the range more dissimilar. The evo sl would make the current sl pretty irrelevant given the adjustability

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I am just curious if it’s more of a evo sl or an enduro sl (harder to pull off but would seem a better spread unless they ditch the current SL after a single model year)
It’s obviously coming given the not-hints and rumor seeing them in the wild

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Anecdotally, it’s been flawless for me at ~1200 miles. I think overall there have been many less issues than the brose stuff, but that’s just my take.
Thanks, thats promising. The 2000km barrier seems to be a stumbling block for a number of drive units

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Surely if you whack adjustable headset cups into an SL its just as adjustable?
I think the new stumpy has increased the standover(much needed) and it has longer reach(needed). Further adjustment at the horst link pivot, after matket mullet link are nice as well. Im not positive but i dont think a full size piggy back on a rear shock will fit on the current sl. Personally i could work around it all apart from the increased standover. That helps a lot to lessen restrictions in movement and gives the ability to upsize if your personal measurements or usage warrant an upsize

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
But have they not just shifted the the slack/more slack adjuster from the shock to the chainstay. And if they increase the standover you will have even less room in the frame for piggybacks and range extenders.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
But have they not just shifted the the slack/more slack adjuster from the shock to the chainstay. And if they increase the standover you will have even less room in the frame for piggybacks and range extenders.
Oh ya forgot about the current flip chip.
I think the added standover and piggyback are gained by tube shape and cramping where a water bottle would be. It might require a shaped water bottle, im not sure. The standover has been the drawback in specialized bike fit for me in the past. Really happy with the fit on my decoy and my meta 29. Im not going back to poor standover

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles