Specialized levo

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Main limitation on the base is the fork when pushed hard. A dropper post and a lyrik or pike fork and you've got a lot of bike for the money. Selling all of our normal bikes. Impossible to go back once you're on the juice.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I own the base model 2018 Levo.
You have to think of it as just that, a base. It has everything you need, and if on a budget it’s great and will do everything you want. Sure you can spend a heck of a lot more, and get a heck of a lot more refined higher spec, but do you need it, probs not.
I have come from a refined all Mountain rig, Pikes up front, dropper post ect, stiff solid wheels ect.
Do I miss it, just a little bit, but not as much as expected.
I can live with the Reba forks on the Levo, more flex and less refined, but they still do an awesome job. The lack of a dropper, it’s something I have to address, when the money comes $480, but surviving without, just. The brakes with 2 pot rear and 4pot front calipers, hey i’m 115kg on a 23kg bike and they stop me fine. I’m sitting on the fence in regards to changing them to 4pot both ends.
It would be great to have the bedt of everything, but is it really needed, in most cases not.
The levo has it where it counts, a great frame with great geo, and a superb motor and operating system. These are things that are hard to change, and the Levo in any spec is a great base.

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
Hi, thanks for the feed back awesome stuff glad your plz with the levo....found a seat post dropper on PlantX Cycles the Reverb dropper internal routing £150 bargain for when I get paid next month....stay rubber down ???

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Hi, thanks for the feed back awesome stuff glad your plz with the levo....found a seat post dropper on PlantX Cycles the Reverb dropper internal routing £150 bargain for when I get paid next month....stay rubber down ???
I want to go with the Spesh Command IRcc as it has a 20-25mm setback. The standard post has 8mm.
The KS eTen has 25mm but I don’t like the seat clamp and the 9point8 has 20mm but it’s heaps dearer.
Most other droppers run 0mm

I’m already right back on the rails with 8mm and would like the option to go back further if needed.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
Thanks for that mate.....I see there doing a trade in as well £350 off the levo at that price

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles