Specialized Levo SL frame - value

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Hi all...

I've bought a new Levo SL '23 frame, and am going to strip down my 2019 Levo SL Expert and move all the components onto the new frame.
It's all upgraded, and I sold all the old bits off as I was upgrading them.

In a few days time, I'll have a Levo SL frame, with the stock rear shock sitting on my garage floor looking for a new home.
Just over 3 years old, original shock / cranks, motor was replaced at the end of last year and has done 410 miles (from memory) and the battery is still at 100% health.
It was Invisiframed from new, and has 1 little chip out of it near the cranks. Apart from that, it should be immaculate.

The new frame cost £5750, and I'm hoping to get a bit of that back... but what should I be trying to sell this for?

I know you can buy a new 2022 Comp Carbon for £5000 with all the bits on it and a warranty etc.

It's easy to get a rough value for a whole bike, because there are lots of others for sale... but where do I start with the frame only?

TIA 👍

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Thats a tough one
I would have thought as it is £800-£1000
I say this is i would not pay any more for a bike i cant test ride and would have to throw a load at it to get going again
I personally would have saved the stock parts and rebuilt the bike when the time came as i have in the past
effectively then the new owner gets new components on an older bike which does help with the sale

Someone will be along shortly and have different views im sure but thats how i see it value wise .

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Thats a tough one
I would have thought as it is £800-£1000
I say this is i would not pay any more for a bike i cant test ride and would have to throw a load at it to get going again
I personally would have saved the stock parts and rebuilt the bike when the time came as i have in the past
effectively then the new owner gets new components on an older bike which does help with the sale

Someone will be along shortly and have different views im sure but thats how i see it value wise .

Thanks for your thoughts...
I would personally want to test ride a bike to make sure the drivetrain wasn't slipping, the brakes were good, wheels were true etc. None of that applies to a frame though. It's got an almost new motor, verified 100% battery (in the app), and a barely used shock.

I'm not expecting to sell this locally anyway, which kind of puts a test ride out the window.

A refurbished Mahle SL 1.1 motor sells on ebay for £800 on it's own, so I think your price estimate is a touch low.

cjc.emtb

Oct 13, 2020
Puerto Rico
Hi all...

I've bought a new Levo SL '23 frame, and am going to strip down my 2019 Levo SL Expert and move all the components onto the new frame.
It's all upgraded, and I sold all the old bits off as I was upgrading them.

In a few days time, I'll have a Levo SL frame, with the stock rear shock sitting on my garage floor looking for a new home.
Just over 3 years old, original shock / cranks, motor was replaced at the end of last year and has done 410 miles (from memory) and the battery is still at 100% health.
It was Invisiframed from new, and has 1 little chip out of it near the cranks. Apart from that, it should be immaculate.

The new frame cost £5750, and I'm hoping to get a bit of that back... but what should I be trying to sell this for?

I know you can buy a new 2022 Comp Carbon for £5000 with all the bits on it and a warranty etc.

It's easy to get a rough value for a whole bike, because there are lots of others for sale... but where do I start with the frame only?

TIA 👍
Pictures? Color and size? The frameset for the dated Sworks Levo SL is on sale for around 4500 pounds. Considering that it’s a 3+ years Gen1 expert frame probably it should be around 1500-2000 I guess.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Pictures? Color and size? The frameset for the dated Sworks Levo SL is on sale for around 4500 pounds. Considering that it’s a 3+ years Gen1 expert frame probably it should be around 1500-2000 I guess.
This isn’t a For Sale advert!
I was just looking for some advice on what sort of price to list it as.
It’s black, XL, and I’ll post pics when I’ve stripped it down.

cjc.emtb

Oct 13, 2020
Puerto Rico
This isn’t a For Sale advert!
I was just looking for some advice on what sort of price to list it as.
It’s black, XL, and I’ll post pics when I’ve stripped it down.
The details about the color and size are very important for the appraisal. A size small frameset could be the half of the mentioned cost. Same for the color way…

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The details about the color and size are very important for the appraisal. A size small frameset could be the half of the mentioned cost. Same for the color way…
IMG_4048.JPG

A quick pic on the garage floor this morning before I left for work. You can see the chip beside the motor. Invisiframe is a little bubbled on the chainstay from me putting it in a stand, and theres a bit of invisiframe bubbling where I've attached the remote - which is where my car rack attaches.

I'll take some better photos once I've finished building the new bike - just need to attach rear brake hose and bleed (although with Magura's that could take a while!!), then put the wheels on. Then I can put it on the stand rather than on the floor!

Will give the frame a clean up, take some Mission Control screenshots etc and either find or order a new headset bearing as I'm keeping my Chris King dropset. It's got a nice finish close up, with raw carbon weave showing through.
I also have a brand new SWAT steerer tool assembly to go with it too, and it's got a HOPE seat collar.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Might get £1500, nothing is selling atm thou.

Realistically the only way someone will buy this is to get a cheap lightweight ebike they can build with components robbed from their current mtb. So it needs to be cheap enough not to make them go 'I'll just buy a new one on finance'

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You need to factor in the Chicken Licken effect as well; there'll be people running around like the sky is going to fall on their heads because it's an out of warranty eBike.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
You need to factor in the Chicken Licken effect as well; there'll be people running around like the sky is going to fall on their heads because it's an out of warranty eBike.
I'm never going to solve this one... but I was thinking about upgrading to the SRAM T-Type Transmission on the new bike... and am also looking for a new wheelset.

I still have the original stem / bars / saddle... so I could pretty much order my upgrades, get a cheap Manic dropper, second hand brakes, and sell my 'frame only' as a complete Levo SL Expert, but with an AXS XX1 drivetrain.

I wonder if that would sell better / for more if people aren't buying second hand ebike bikes?
I can't help feeling with the extra costs and effort, it might just be better selling them as individual components.

I'd have bought a Comp if the 2023 colours hadn't been so rotten, and I'd have had all the parts to put on the old frame!

I'd also quite like to keep the spare wheelset for putting a set of low resistance tyres for manky winter days for cycle paths and fire tracks!

Last edited:

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’d say list at £3.5k and see what happens. I just sold a 2020 SB130 frame with a X2 for £2300, I would think you could easily get £3k for it.
It's an 80% off ebay fees listing weekend - so I could pop it on and see what happens.
My initial feeling was I hoped to get about £2500... but I guess it's only worth what someone will pay for it!!

I've also got the Praxis Carbon 165mm cranks to list, as well as a Garmin Edge 830. Hopefully some money towards a new wheelset!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’d say list at £3.5k and see what happens. I just sold a 2020 SB130 frame with a X2 for £2300, I would think you could easily get £3k for it.
You couldn’t have a go at selling my Rail could you? I haven’t had a sensible enquiry at £3k for a complete bike!

• Haha
Reactions: Dax

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
I was looking about for second hand SLs out of interest earlier today and you can but an entire bike for £2.5k - value seems to have dropped as Specialized were punting them out in the sales before they released the new bike. Alpine Bikes at GT was selling their demo fleet SLs with full warranty for just over 3k last month.

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 12.33.55.png

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
Take off invisiframe, take good pictures, offer it up for $2500, and take $2k or whatever your willing to go down to.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Always hard to tell how the sale will go, but based on my current experience: be prepared for very low ball offers, if any, and for it to sit in your garage for a while if you want any kind of decent money for it.

In my part of the world, there are tons of levo SL full bikes on the second hand market. People are asking relatively high prices for them (4-6k for expert full builds), but I have no idea if they are selling at those prices.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles