Specialized Levo Comp 2020 conversion to SRAM AXS, anyone done this?

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
Hi all, i've got a Specialized Levo Comp 2020 and have bought the upgrade kit to convert this to SRAM AXS with an XO1 derailleur, NX Cassette, GX chain and Eagle chainring.

I have everything fitted and the cassette is on the hub all perfect and square and tight but when I put this back onto the bike and the axle through it spins fine right up until its close to being tight then there seems to be some resistance stopping the cassette moving.

It seems to be rubbing on the black derailleur hanger on the inside but can't be certain. Has anyone else had this issue?

AXS is clearly compatible with the Levo with the S-Works having this on it but wondering if that has a different derailleur hanger. Anyone know if this is the case?

Any help would be much appreciated

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
The derailluer hanger would be the same for AXS. Are you sure your hanger is not bent and is in the correct position? Have you had any previous crashes on the drive side? If so, your LBS should have the tool that checks hanger alignment.
Also, make sure there is no spacer on the spoke side of the cassette. The 12 speed axs cassette should sit as close to your spokes as the free hub body allows without a spacer. Good luck sorting it out.

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
Thanks for the reply. I’ve checked the derailleur hanger tonight and is all square and taken the cassette off and there’s no spacers on there.
I refitted the cassette and just when getting close to tight starts rubbing but no obvious what on. Hopefully there’s someone else that has experienced this?

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
I have experienced this but not on a shimano hub, mines a sram xd, but it turned out I just hadn't tightened it up enough. It had to be REALLY f@#$£&g tight. Just needed to move over about 3mm, not sure if it could be the same issue.

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
I have experienced this but not on a shimano hub, mines a sram xd, but it turned out I just hadn't tightened it up enough. It had to be REALLY f@#$£&g tight. Just needed to move over about 3mm, not sure if it could be the same issue.
Ahh ok, tightening the cassette lock ring really tight or the axle when putting wheel on?

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
I’ve just been out and finally figured it out. Seemed the axle had come slightly loose making this wider. Tightened it up and all seems to be good now.

Tipsterpfd

Jan 16, 2020
Usa
Hi bola 339, I want to do same thing and want to know how you are making out. The rear nx you used is it a 50 or 52, it looks like sram says only use a 52, looking to just change to upgrade kit rear cassette and chain only, any thoughts. The cassette I am looking at is nx p 1230

Thanks for any help

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
Hi bola 339, I want to do same thing and want to know how you are making out. The rear nx you used is it a 50 or 52, it looks like sram says only use a 52, looking to just change to upgrade kit rear cassette and chain only, any thoughts. The cassette I am looking at is nx p 1230

Thanks for any help
I used the 50 teeth NX and all working perfectly. I ended up keeping the chainring that came on the bike fitted and runs really smooth. It's a great system and once set no faffing with cables stretching and gearing becoming sloppy. Definitely recommendes

Tipsterpfd

Jan 16, 2020
Usa
thanks that was a big help, did you do yourself and did cable pull out easy without doing anything with motor, I know I need to loosen cable brackets on frame arm, sorry for the questions, that will be my last. Thanks for you help and be safe?

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
Yeah I did it all myself and was simple apart from the axle issue above. The cables are all routed down the arm by the shock so just have to undo the screws there to loosen then so can pull it through and no need to go near the motor. I also had a little rubber plug to put in the old cable hole by the rear mec which makes it look better than just a hole where the old cable was and should keep the water out the frame. No worries on questions, happy to help

Bearman

Sep 17, 2020
Trondheim, Norway
Hi. Glad to hear you sorted your axle issue out. Ive also upgraded to AXS X01 a while back, but without changing the front chainring. Now It needs replacement and I was wondering what exact SRAM chainring you used, and did you have any issues installing it. Eg. does it need any special bolt or adapters?
Cheers
Bjorn in Norway

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles