South Downs Way

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
The South Downs Way is a 100 mile off road route that runs from Winchester to Eastbourne and is a regular feature on the MTB challenge calendar. I visited the area a few months back and rode from Arundel to Shoreham by-Sea and back. It was a great ride and I promised myself I’d go back and ride more. This time I rode West from Arundel on a 30 mile circular loop.
My start and finish point was the Hilton Avisford Hotel. One of the reasons I can get away so often to ride, is that I promise my wife a nice relaxing weekend away, staying in a nice hotel. She used to ask why I was packing the ebike, but now she just smiles and tells me ‘It will cost you a bottle of wine’. A small price to pay for wedded bliss and a day’s mountain biking.
sdw_05-768x1024.jpg

The route starts off easily through Binstead and Rewell Woods. It was a sunny day, but everything was still very wet from the recent storms. The bridleway was covered in...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Ive got the gpx but no idea how to upload it unfortunately. Mbr magazine just published it as has mbuk, also komoot has it on there ?

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
I’ve done it twice in my forties, never again as it’s a slog as the last 35 miles are as hard as the first 65 miles.

Would love to do it on an ebike but would need a battery swap along the way.

Search this on Strava and download the gpx from there (can’t from iPhone but PC/Mac should be a doddle)

IMG_3955.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles