Levo Gen 3 Sourcing new Rock Guard Door design?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I've found the part number for the newly designed charger port door - S229900031 - but I can't find them available broadly. Just one web retailer in Germany. Anyone have any insights?

Door.png

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
Ive just purchased from that German website as they now have stock, will see how it goes when it arrives :)

I just received 2 off these from BestBike (I have 2 batt).
5 min later the new battery doors were mounted.
The door has a spring that ensures the open door is keept away from the crankarm.
The hinge has a more solid design.
I hope this is the last time I need to change the battery door 😇

dsd1036

Aug 28, 2019
Surrey
The door has a spring that ensures the open door is keept away from the crankarm.
Received mine today, quick easy install, lets see if they hold up :)

eTrax

Oct 17, 2019
USA - West Coast
Nice to see they have a potential fix as I am on my third. This should be a recall item.

After the third hinge failed again i was able to locate it on the trail.

I jb welded a strong magnet on the inside in place of the crap hinge. This helped quite a bit but it did come off again.

The issue is the door sits on the edge of the bash guard. Any hit to edge of bash jams the door upward. Eventually the lever works it's way up and door opens.

Absolute joke design, it makes you wonder what kind of pansy riders they had during testing. This should be a recall item, complete utter failure in design and now we have to pay for a fix?

The entire bashguard should be redesigned with a lip that protects the door.

I beveled the edges of my door so edges sit inboard if the bash guard. I also shaved the lever to a knub so it did not get easily opened. This has helped immensly.

20220926_141547.jpg

20220926_141600.jpg

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA

41 Euros shipping to the USA. LOL. No thanks. I'll wait.

getbusyliving

Oct 27, 2022
Fairfax, CA
It looks like at least a few of you have been using this new door kit for a month or more. Other than the one post above ("The door has a spring that ensures the open door is keept away from the crankarm. The hinge has a more solid design.") can anyone report how much of an improvement this is? And I agree the original design is horrible...I hold my breath every time I hop over a log, and roll my eyes every time I latch that battery door that is flimsier than a hamster cage latch.

getbusyliving

Oct 27, 2022
Fairfax, CA
I have also received and installed the new generation door kit to replace the old one which broke off after a relatively minor bump on a log hop-over. It is more burly and a better design, because the edge of the door is inset a bit, slightly more away from harm's way. It is still plastic though, and I def wouldn't call it bomb proof...but we'll see if it lasts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles