Something related to the infamous engine's rattle noise

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I've seen this videosome days ago and I think it could be useful for bosch gen 4 bikes owners.

Ye gods! What a shocker! And just to make things awkward, the use of pentalobe screws.

What I didn't understand was why he didn't apply locktite to the mounting plate screws attached to the motor. These were the ones which had come loose so that the motor was moving on the mounts causing the pedals to scrape the chain stay. He tightened them back up to the correct torque but there seemed to be no reason why they couldn't come loose again. All the more puzzling because he did apply loctite to the bolts fastening the mounting plate to the frame.

Quite a horrifying video - although it does show how easy it is to take everything apart - but, as he says, with very good quality tools because the fastenings are easy to damage. I've now got all the tools I need for mine so I'll be doing it soon.

Thanks for posting this.

Falco

May 30, 2020
TheShed
Ye gods! What a shocker! And just to make things awkward, the use of pentalobe screws.

What I didn't understand was why he didn't apply locktite to the mounting plate screws attached to the motor. These were the ones which had come loose so that the motor was moving on the mounts causing the pedals to scrape the chain stay. He tightened them back up to the correct torque but there seemed to be no reason why they couldn't come loose again. All the more puzzling because he did apply loctite to the bolts fastening the mounting plate to the frame.

Quite a horrifying video - although it does show how easy it is to take everything apart - but, as he says, with very good quality tools because the fastenings are easy to damage. I've now got all the tools I need for mine so I'll be doing it soon.

Thanks for posting this.
Happy to help ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles