so.. what upgrades or personalising have people done with their cubes then?

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
early days for me so far ive not needed to change anything from breakages or wear so just been personalisation for me, added mud guards pedals and some colour on the grips
oh did just receive these replacement plasticy bling - charging socket cover and battery lock surround too courtesy of Tony Fong and
EngineeredPrints

plasticy goodness.jpg

Last edited:

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I've added an SDG saddle, anodised valve caps, V12 pedals and a bolt on Proguard front mudguard plus Invisiframe. Rear mudguard and orange brake caliper covers for the Magura next

20201020_170323.jpg

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
12 spd XTR Mech and shifter (from my analogue Stereo 140), Carbon railed Fabric Scoop seat (also fro analogue), Orange One-Up plastic pedals, complete Superstar headset in blue, ESI chunky silicone grips, front and rear(to be fitted) RRP Proguard mudguards.

I'll take a picture when I fit the rear mudguard later

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
12 spd XTR Mech and shifter (from my analogue Stereo 140), Carbon railed Fabric Scoop seat (also fro analogue), Orange One-Up plastic pedals, complete Superstar headset in blue, ESI chunky silicone grips, front and rear(to be fitted) RRP Proguard mudguards.

I'll take a picture when I fit the rear mudguard later
oooh much tech and bling ! yes we need pics ! my mudguard arrived today too haha

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I've done a few upgrades to my basic 140 race. Hear it is below.
IMG_2394.JPG

And hear it is after a few tweaks.

IMG_2455.JPG

Honestly my old race was mint and I did think about upgrading the shock/ forks etc but then had a reality check, it was actually cheaper to buy a new higher spec cube .

And the biggest upgrade? I've actually gone up a frame size to a bike that now fits me, mods for this bike probably non as its spec is greater than my needs :) Actually its spec is greater than where I ride the thing so next year I need to do the bike justice and actually take it to some challenges (y).
Loving this bike after 2 weeks in though.

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2455.JPG

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
I've done a few upgrades to my basic 140 race. Hear it is below.
IMG_2394.JPG

And hear it is after a few tweaks.

IMG_2455.JPG

Honestly my old race was mint and I did think about upgrading the shock/ forks etc but then had a reality check, it was actually cheaper to buy a new higher spec cube .

And the biggest upgrade? I've actually gone up a frame size to a bike that now fits me, mods for this bike probably non as its spec is greater than my needs :) Actually its spec is greater than where I ride the thing so next year I need to do the bike justice and actually take it to some challenges (y).
Loving this bike after 2 weeks in though.

View attachment 47326

View attachment 47327
Oh nice ! And yes good decision ! Factory modified hard to beat ! Interesting to hear about the frame size , did u switch medium to large per chance ?

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Ok, here's mine after fitting the rear mudguard
20201216_211357.jpg

This is a 2020 small 160 AT
I'm gonna hazard a guess, but the rear mudguard won't be quite as effective as the one @mak has fitted, but it should keep it down a chunk

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I had absolutely no problems converting to tubeless. Used the tape that was on the rims. As the tyres had been mounted on the bike for a while they just popped into place immediately. I have done tubeless conversions a few times so there was nothing new.

For mounting the rear light to the brake caliper, I just took a bit of aluminium L profile and cut it to about 15 mm long.
Drilled the appropriate holes. Where the cable comes out the back of the light, I used a heat gun to bend it in the direction I wanted. Looks neat and is completely out of the way.

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
I had absolutely no problems converting to tubeless. Used the tape that was on the rims. As the tyres had been mounted on the bike for a while they just popped into place immediately. I have done tubeless conversions a few times so there was nothing new.

For mounting the rear light to the brake caliper, I just took a bit of aluminium L profile and cut it to about 15 mm long.
Drilled the appropriate holes. Where the cable comes out the back of the light, I used a heat gun to bend it in the direction I wanted. Looks neat and is completely out of the way.
ah good to hear as i think tubeless is one of my next things to tackle, ah ok yes it looks spot on there and no interfering with the dropper etc what was the matt foil wrap is that on the battery?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
ah good to hear as i think tubeless is one of my next things to tackle, ah ok yes it looks spot on there and no interfering with the dropper etc what was the matt foil wrap is that on the battery?
I wrapped the entire frame to protect from chips and scratches. It was a HUGE Fiddly job, but in my oopinion worth it.
Invisiframe does a kit that you can order and it is pre cut for your bike. When I did mine it wasn't available yet.

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
I wrapped the entire frame to protect from chips and scratches. It was a HUGE Fiddly job, but in my oopinion worth it.
Invisiframe does a kit that you can order and it is pre cut for your bike. When I did mine it wasn't available yet.
right ! ive been debating with that, i dont want to buy a full kit but i would like to wrap some of the lower contact areas maybe i might purchase some tape from amazon and do key areas

Geeman

Nov 23, 2020
Uk
So i had a check list of sorts. Stem and bars changed from new. Brand X carbon bars 780mm wide 25mm height, which are rebranded Nukeproof, but half the price. Nukeproof 35mm length stem, Also wheels. I had a set of stans flow mk3 hope pro4 front rear, minion dhf front rear tyres 2.6dd. Longer 150mm brand X dropper, so i can slam it to the frame. Sram GX 10-50 450grams cassette drops over 150grams of dead weight on a Sram NX 614gram cassette. Shorter 160mm E13 cranks, stop rock strike and again lighter. Forks went from new, RS 35 Gold just okay, put a Marzocchi bomber Z1 air 150mm with 44mm rake, this dropped another 150grams, but these are better than the Fox 36 as the legs are thicker, great for e-bikes. So bike XL with battery out is under 20kg, so it will mount on my roof rack. Ergon saddle i had as a spare. All this and still under £4250 Last of all i 220mm front Magura rotor and 200 on rear with the shimano 4 pot brakes, the cheapest shimano do, but are epic. Ive had saints for 2 years and xt 4 pots on other bikes ive owned.

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
So i had a check list of sorts. Stem and bars changed from new. Brand X carbon bars 780mm wide 25mm height, which are rebranded Nukeproof, but half the price. Nukeproof 35mm length stem, Also wheels. I had a set of stans flow mk3 hope pro4 front rear, minion dhf front rear tyres 2.6dd. Longer 150mm brand X dropper, so i can slam it to the frame. Sram GX 10-50 450grams cassette drops over 150grams of dead weight on a Sram NX 614gram cassette. Shorter 160mm E13 cranks, stop rock strike and again lighter. Forks went from new, RS 35 Gold just okay, put a Marzocchi bomber Z1 air 150mm with 44mm rake, this dropped another 150grams, but these are better than the Fox 36 as the legs are thicker, great for e-bikes. So bike XL with battery out is under 20kg, so it will mount on my roof rack. Ergon saddle i had as a spare. All this and still under £4250 Last of all i 220mm front Magura rotor and 200 on rear with the shimano 4 pot brakes, the cheapest shimano do, but are epic. Ive had saints for 2 years and xt 4 pots on other bikes ive owned.
So .... we need to see pics of this hybrid machine sounds capable ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles