Levo SL Gen 1 So then Specialized, are you going to release a Turbo Enduro SL any time soon?

Zerograv80

Dec 16, 2018
Bristol, UK
I’m currently riding a 2019 Kenevo Expert, but the dream bike for me would be a lightweight carbon 170mm single crown fork enduro bike with a little bit of assist, similar to that of the Levo SL. I’m seriously contemplating buying a 2021 Levo SL Expert for £7k and then spending a load more money modding it into an ‘enduro’ spec rather than It’s current 150mm travel ‘trail’ bike spec.

The 2021 expert model now comes with upgraded brakes (Guide G2 to Code RS and a 200mm rear rotor) and the stiffer Fox 36 forks, which is a great step in the right direction (pity about losing the carbon wheel set this year though ☹️), but then for my style of riding I would want to increase the travel of the front by 20mm and rear by 10mm, carbon wheels and possibly even go mullet 27.5 on the back.
- Are there many others like me looking for an ‘Enduro SL’ or am I just odd?
- If so, are Specialized aware?
- Are they working on something d’ya recon?
Concerned I’m going to try and fudge something together at significant cost and ultimately the geometry and engineering of the frame is not really cut out for what I’m wanting to use the bike for. P.S. - I know there are other SL bikes with bigger travel from other brands out there, but I still think Specialized have the edge and would prefer to wait if they are working on something... Cheers!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I'd like one. I'm going to play around with mine, add a 170mm Zeb Ultimate and a 27.5" on the rear within the next couple of weeks!

Levo SL_.jpg

Zerograv80

Dec 16, 2018
Bristol, UK
Sounds perfect Rob, would love to hear from you once tested as to how it rides and whether it feels like a fully functioning enduro bike, or whether it all feels a bit cobbled together. Cheers!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Been a tiny discussion on it already ..

Some SL builds which might give you some ideas of what you can do and what works and doesn't ..

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
I’d like 1, I’ve rode my mates s works enduro a few times and it’s amazing on rough trails but rather have my SL for everything else. I’ve tried zebs on a diff bike but prefer the lyrics as I find them more responsive. I run 160mm upfront and similar at the rear ?. Hoping to get the new rock show ultimate deluxe soon, been running coil but want a change. To me the bike is near perfect, small seat tube on an xl would of been better, but overall it’s why a lot of enduro racers used to pick the stumpy over the enduro. sometimes too much travel is boring...

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
just remember that the enduro frame set is a lot burlier than a a stumpy so it's going to add some weight.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Totally. I heard 3rd party that one was coming out later this year : "Enduro" geo, 170mm (?), 29er (?), and a new 45nm SL motor. Super 3rd party information - so who knows if it will happen.

My SL is already at 170mm up front, 64.25ish HTA, EXT Storia w/CC link (22% progressivity). It's the fastest bike I have ridden, but I could see having a bit more reach, steeper STA, longer chainstays, and better rear /progressive kinematics with 160-170mm travel being the bee's knees in terms of bikes for "enduro" riding.

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
I have Stumpjumper and yes, my SL has killed it for me. Just as flickable and I can ride everyday (around 20 miles single track) and adjust my workouts endlessly. I will ride the Stumpjumper (no more than 10 miles) and it’s fun.

Grizzy

Mar 10, 2020
TX
new stumpy looks pretty good. Hope theres a frame only option!

--- Back to SL...

Only had mine at 170 fork (44 offset) and havent had anything but good handling. Its in high mode and STA is slack - so I can see the negatives to going 27.5 rear.

the 2nd negative on 27.5 rear is losing the top end (unless you de-restrict) - I havent been able to find anything (including BLEVO) that lets you tune the rear wheel diameter on the SL.

other things you could do instaed of wait for enduro SL:
170 fork
Angle headset adapter (for integrated HS, saw it on pinkbike recently)
Cascade link+ 55 stroke = 160mm rear

mines sitting high, the thought of just dropping in 27.5 wheels has occurred, but not sure mullet would work well. Maybe w/ 160 fork and mullet to split the STA diff

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
new stumpy looks pretty good. Hope theres a frame only option!

--- Back to SL...

Only had mine at 170 fork (44 offset) and havent had anything but good handling. Its in high mode and STA is slack - so I can see the negatives to going 27.5 rear.

the 2nd negative on 27.5 rear is losing the top end (unless you de-restrict) - I havent been able to find anything (including BLEVO) that lets you tune the rear wheel diameter on the SL.

other things you could do instaed of wait for enduro SL:
170 fork
Angle headset adapter (for integrated HS, saw it on pinkbike recently)
Cascade link+ 55 stroke = 160mm rear

mines sitting high, the thought of just dropping in 27.5 wheels has occurred, but not sure mullet would work well. Maybe w/ 160 fork and mullet to split the STA diff
I basically have this. I have an offset bushing in there instead of the headset adapter (raises the stack which I wanted to avoid by plus the bb drop is a bit lower on mine) plus low on the flip chip. I think I am at 64.25 deg. STA is slack, but manageable with a long rail saddle and pushed fwd

I am running the cc link but at 52.5mm stroke. I found that you can get the yoke to touch the seatstay bridge with the cc link and my geo changes. Probably ok if you go your route and are good with the stack changes

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles