So that was a bit annoying...

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Just spent 2 hours pedalling around a place called newmillerdam as heard they have good MTB trials and a jump section there and a bowl but did not find a thing. It's a really big area so easily could have missed the area. Enjoyed the pedalling and exploring but annoying to still not know where it is.

Along with that i rang the LBS and they did not give to craps about helping me replace my back tyre for a faster flowing one. They literally sounded like the didn't give a care in the world and just said 'yeh we dont have anything in your looking for' after me explaining the situation. Even though they are a big MTB dealer with big names.

Lastly even though my bike is a hardtail and I take the battery off to fix to the roof rack. I really struggled to get it back on the car after the ride as it was raining a bit and even with it being a hardtail and no battery it still weighs a bit to be lifting above my head. Also when raining (and I travel with the battery off) are these e bikes ok to stand being on a car roof in the rain?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Depends what the weight rating of your roof rack is, EMTB is going to be better on a two bar carrier. If you take the battery off you should be covering up the terminals.

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
It's 20kg. It's the best Thule roof system Halfords had in so I'm guessing it's a descent rack. It worked fine for the 25 minutes journey each way. Just a pain lifting onto roof of car by myself. More worried about driving with battery connectors in showing in rain

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Get a couple of shower caps for the connectors, and use a rubber band to secure them

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles