So that was a bit annoying...

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Ride
E seniter
Just spent 2 hours pedalling around a place called newmillerdam as heard they have good MTB trials and a jump section there and a bowl but did not find a thing. It's a really big area so easily could have missed the area. Enjoyed the pedalling and exploring but annoying to still not know where it is.

Along with that i rang the LBS and they did not give to craps about helping me replace my back tyre for a faster flowing one. They literally sounded like the didn't give a care in the world and just said 'yeh we dont have anything in your looking for' after me explaining the situation. Even though they are a big MTB dealer with big names.

Lastly even though my bike is a hardtail and I take the battery off to fix to the roof rack. I really struggled to get it back on the car after the ride as it was raining a bit and even with it being a hardtail and no battery it still weighs a bit to be lifting above my head. Also when raining (and I travel with the battery off) are these e bikes ok to stand being on a car roof in the rain?

R120

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Depends what the weight rating of your roof rack is, EMTB is going to be better on a two bar carrier. If you take the battery off you should be covering up the terminals.

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Ride
E seniter
It's 20kg. It's the best Thule roof system Halfords had in so I'm guessing it's a descent rack. It worked fine for the 25 minutes journey each way. Just a pain lifting onto roof of car by myself. More worried about driving with battery connectors in showing in rain

R120

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Get a couple of shower caps for the connectors, and use a rubber band to secure them

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending