Slackline towing

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Depends on the bike, but I normally put it below the seat clamp. Often wrap electric tape around the frame there to stop it rubbing.

Then at the other end either have a loop and hook it over the stem, or go single line over the bars, around the stem and the person holds it against the grip - so they can release when they want to.

antarcher

Jan 20, 2023
New Zealand
Careful attaching above the seat clamp as I found out it can kill your dropper post. Imagine it could bend a regular post too. However if you attach low, the rope is likely to rub on wheel or worse get tangled.

I wrap a strap around my waist. The free end goes around the back of my daughters stem and out to one handlebar grip where she holds loosely. This is so if anything goes pear shaped, she can quickly release the rope and both of us dont go down together.

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
Careful attaching above the seat clamp as I found out it can kill your dropper post. Imagine it could bend a regular post too. However if you attach low, the rope is likely to rub on wheel or worse get tangled.

I wrap a strap around my waist. The free end goes around the back of my daughters stem and out to one handlebar grip where she holds loosely. This is so if anything goes pear shaped, she can quickly release the rope and both of us dont go down together.
Yeah that's kinda similar to what I was thinking

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
No way will I ever do this, it's a massive extra load on my motor. It's an eMTB not a tractor!
They need to go to the shop and buy an ebike if they want a lift, or take up skiiing!

brentonb

May 12, 2022
Aus
I have the bungee tow ropes, I am towing both my sons.

I was doing it in line so we were a row of 3 but I had a mate tell me he puts them side by side. whats the best way to tow 2 kids

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles