Side stand for Haibike

KentSarnes

Mar 28, 2023
Tromsø
I have bought a Haibike Hardnine 4.
It does not have screw holes for side stand. Nor does it have place in front of the wheel. The oem type of side stand which has two fixing points are not long enough for mounting on the frame. What do I do?

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
You can buy an xlc adapter if your bike has 2 holes on the I side of the frame when you remove the rear wheel. I've had it on my old hardtail. Removed it cuz the kickstand made to much noice offroad

20230331_151154.jpg

Last edited:

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Welcome Kent!

I finally just ditched the kickstand. OK on flat smooth roads, but anything over that like gravel, fire roads, single track trails fagedaboutit! All the rattling noise drove me crazy. There is no such thing as a quiet kickstand. I bought the Willworx bike stand for storage. I won't ever lay my ebike on the ground. I don't want to pick up a 60 lb bike everytime or scratch it. Now I'll just lean it against something (like my tailgate with a towel over it).

This was my 48 year old son's comment when I told him I finally ditched that kickstand piece of crap: "My generation was anti-kickstand. They really only make them for the boomers and kids bikes. That’s why they don’t put a lot of thought into it. It could be designed much better, but there isn’t a big market for them".

The best stand I found was the Willworx for like $54 which is their all welded model. They have one for $38, but it uses screws which is not as sturdy and are sure to loosen and bike wil start to sway and fall over. I tested and returned several different brands before settling on the all welded Willworx.

Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 7.03.11 AM.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles