kefconstruction

Apr 21, 2023
Hull
New seat on her now

PXL_20230810_181218187.jpg PXL_20230808_182508907.jpg

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
My Whyte journey came to an end today. Combination of being a bit too small for me and preferring 29ers these days, saw my V1 E150 off to a new home. Been a fun three years but time to move on. Having a wee break from E-life for the moment but I can see a SL in my future once the tech settles a bit.

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Question for you Whyte e160 folks. As mentioned above, my shock has popped itself. It's been offered a loan of an air shock from a pal, but it's 60mm rather than 57.5. Pros/cons? Look like plenty of clearance.

PXL_20230824_080022908.jpg

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Still waiting for shock. In the meantime I've been running the original deluxe. Honestly I think it feels better than the coil. I am not sure if that's because the bike just suits air better, or if I did not have the correct spring rate on the coil. I'll do some experimenting when it's back.

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK
Nice. Was wondering what those brakes looked like on my bike. And that’s basically my bike. 😀
Thanks. I just noticed your thread asking about better suspension for your bike. I upgraded mine after 18 months of riding to a Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate Air RCT 2023 shock and upgraded the Zeb fork with the charger 2.1 damper.

It was definitely worth doing especially the shock but as others have said it depends how hard you ride the bike.

Also I have zero regrets of choosing the E160s and not the E160RS, I much prefer the frame colour and I wanted to upgrade it to exactly how I wanted it over time.

Defmech

May 3, 2022
Glasgow, Scotland
Also I have zero regrets of choosing the E160s and not the E160RS, I much prefer the frame colour and I wanted to upgrade it to exactly how I wanted it over time.
Yeah. I didn’t like the RSX. It was some murky green colour. The bike has served me well so far. But maybe time for some new bits.

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Have been absolutely loving the bike recently, especially with the amazing run of weather over the last week. My Bomber is finally back from warranty too.

Question, if you had a "spare" 170mm Factory 38, would you give it a go? I am pretty happy with the charger 3 Zeb, but the Fox is calling me :ROFLMAO:

peter brown

Apr 23, 2019
isle of man
Have been absolutely loving the bike recently, especially with the amazing run of weather over the last week. My Bomber is finally back from warranty too.

Question, if you had a "spare" 170mm Factory 38, would you give it a go? I am pretty happy with the charger 3 Zeb, but the Fox is calling me :ROFLMAO:
I have the 160mm 38 and love it, so smooth. Yours would be even better to setup with the factory grip 2 damper

bmxerdan

May 30, 2023
Wales
My e-160 S MX. I absolutely love it and have no regrets getting the S over the RS, I wanted the blue frame not the yellow, would have been nice to have the wireless gears but hey. It's my first e-bike and I don't think I'll ever go back.

I didn't like the Zebs that came on it so got myself some 170mm 38s and they're spot on, so much more plush than the Zebs. Got a Float X2 to match the beef up front too and it just fits with a few mm of space to spare.

Not quite done upgrading it, would like a new dropper post and in desperate need of new pedals.

Gonna get myself the new Purion 200 at some point to replace my LED remote instead of getting a Kiosk 300.

Got the YT Thirstmaster 2000 on the bike after taking these pics as it seems to be the only water bottle that I could find to fit with a piggy back reservoir.

20231009_101531.jpg
20231009_101426.jpg

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
My e-160 S MX. I absolutely love it and have no regrets getting the S over the RS, I wanted the blue frame not the yellow, would have been nice to have the wireless gears but hey. It's my first e-bike and I don't think I'll ever go back.

I didn't like the Zebs that came on it so got myself some 170mm 38s and they're spot on, so much more plush than the Zebs. Got a Float X2 to match the beef up front too and it just fits with a few mm of space to spare.

Not quite done upgrading it, would like a new dropper post and in desperate need of new pedals.

Gonna get myself the new Purion 200 at some point to replace my LED remote instead of getting a Kiosk 300.

Got the YT Thirstmaster 2000 on the bike after taking these pics as it seems to be the only water bottle that I could find to fit with a piggy back reservoir.

View attachment 129252 View attachment 129253
This is really making me want to put my 38s on mine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles