Shorter crank arms

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
Will putting shorter crank arms do anything to the engine characteristics on the bosch active plus motor......175 are not the best for my knees

Want to go 165s or 170s (at a push)

Thanks

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Went from 175 mm on my stumpy two 165 mm on my 2018 levo- I didn't notice any greater strain on the knees. From a sports medicine perspective shorter crank arms should be easier on the knees as long as you aren't pushing big gears. Not so much torque internally on arthritic knee cartilage or cracked meniscus. Electric motors like a faster spin anyway so I would think it would be a good move for your knees.
I have always advised my patients with bad knees to ride a mountain bike off road rather than a road bike or stationary bike. Because you are moving around constantly on the saddle with the uneven terrain you are not contacting the same point internally in the knees with every stroke and this better lubricates the knee surfaces without just wearing out one track. In my opinion, mountain biking is the best thing anyone can do for bad knees, as long as you spin a lighter gear. Hope this helps.

Tepi

Nov 18, 2018
Finland
[QUOTE = "Jeff McD, viesti: 37158, jäsen: 814"] Olin 175 mm piteni kahtia 165 mm minun 2018 levolla - en huomannut mitään suurempaa törmäystä polvilla. Urheilulääketieteen näkökulmasta lyhyempi kampiasento olisi helpompi polvilla, kunhan et työnnä suuria pyydyksiä. Ei niin paljon vääntöä sisäisesti niveltulehduksen polven rustosta tai halkeilua meniskusta. Sähkömoottorit pitävät nopeammin, joten ajattelen, että se olisi hyvä liikunta polvilleen.
Olen aina neuvonut potilaille, joilla on huono polvi ajaa maastopyörä maantiestä eikä tiepyörää tai paikallaan olevaa pyörää. Koska olet jatkuvasti liikuttamassa satulaa epätasaisella maastossa, et kosketa samaa pistettä sisäisesti polvissa jokaisella iskulla ja tämä paroittaa paremmin polvipintoja ilman yhden kappaleen kulumista. Mielestäni maastopyöräily on parasta mitä kukaan voi tehdä pahaksi polvilleen, kunhan pyörittää kevyempää vaihteistoa. Toivottavasti tämä auttaa. [/ QUOTE]
Terve! Vaihdoin omaan Cube Stereo hybridiin Micanda isis 155mm, kammet.Ajaminen muuttui maavaran,kadenssin ansiosta paremmaksi.Asennettiin uusi Bosch päivitys alle 165 kammelle toimii täydellisesti.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Err, that was Finnish.

Tepi responded to Jeff McD's post with the following:

Healthy! I changed to my Cube Stereo hybrid Micanda isis 155mm, kamatter. The change was made better by cadence, thanks to Cadence. The new Bosch update for under 165 cams works perfectly.

Me again: "Google Translate" is not perfect, so I still have no idea what a kamatter is.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Err, that was Finnish.

Tepi responded to Jeff McD's post with the following:

Healthy! I changed to my Cube Stereo hybrid Micanda isis 155mm, kamatter. The change was made better by cadence, thanks to Cadence. The new Bosch update for under 165 cams works perfectly.

Me again: "Google Translate" is not perfect, so I still have no idea what a kamatter is.
and terve means hi. I still remember a few things from Finnish university

Like how it used 'healthy'

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles