Short sharp climb for Japuserid

E

EddieJ

Here is one that you might like. This is the climb on one side of the valley that you have to make before even starting a ride.

It is just 1.63 miles long, but has an elevation gain of 1,602ft :D

In the mountain bike guide books, it is recommend that you don't try it, and take the train up instead. :) I've actually done it on an old Specialized Rock Hopper as well, and can say without hesitation that it was a near on killer of a climb.

I have another to upload shortly which is just as bad.

short sharp climb 2.JPG

Here is the Doarama for the ride. You might want to slow the speed setting down, as it is a pretty short clip. Short_climb_to_highlight_the_steepness_that_each_climb_out_of_the_valley_bottom_starts_with_ - Doarama

And this is the ride back down again. I only have a cheapo camera, and the weather was also crap.

Once again, odd how you get no perspective of steepness.

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
:unsure: you say you don't enjoy the down hill bit but you certainly looked like you were enjoying that. :cool:

Where ever that is, assuming I could get a cable car back up to the top, I want to live :D I have a new set of wheels fitted with 2.8 Schwalbe Super moto tyres that would be perfect for that, brilliant loved it.

E

EddieJ

This is the second. Who would have thought that you could consider 0.81 of a mile a climb! :)

This was a real bastid of climb, that I have wanted to tackle for several years. It is an old railway line that was closed a good few years ago now. I ride under it on the Youtube clip above. Obviously this was an out of bounds ride, and very frustratingly I couldn't complete roughly the last half a mile, as it went past some property, and people were about. I'm going to give it another shot this year though.
I did take a fall going up, and just couldn't get going again, as the section was that steep, and road stone covered. In the end I had to hold onto a hand rail and balance, and just hope that I could push off and away. Luckily it worked.

The white zig zag line mid way, is the route shown above.

short sharp climb.JPG

Does that mean me?

cmmxTpxdAPZfLxECB0DsaWXE8o7xbnOKrgf_W_Pyj6ux8-1536x2048.jpg

Going down to start the ride.

P1000916.JPG

Turned around, and ready to go. Note the pedal is holding the bike from going backwards.

zz1.jpg

Link to Doarama. You will need to really slow this one down, and look at how crazy the gradient box goes! Riding_the_impassable_ - Doarama

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
This is the second. Who would have thought that you could consider 0.81 of a mile a climb! :)

This was a real bastid of climb, that I have wanted to tackle for several years. It is an old railway line that was closed a good few years ago now. I ride under it on the Youtube clip above. Obviously this was an out of bounds ride, and very frustratingly I couldn't complete roughly the last half a mile, as it went past some property, and people were about. I'm going to give it another shot this year though.
I did take a fall going up, and just couldn't get going again, as the section was that steep, and road stone covered. In the end I had to hold onto a hand rail and balance, and just hope that I could push off and away. Luckily it worked.

The white zig zag line mid way, is the route shown above.

View attachment 227

Does that mean me?

View attachment 228

Going down to start the ride.

View attachment 229

Turned around, and ready to go. Note the pedal is holding the bike from going backwards.

View attachment 230

Link to Doarama. You will need to really slow this one down, and look at how crazy the gradient box goes! Riding_the_impassable_ - Doarama
Hey Eddie not sure but that looks very much like the beginning of the one before? Not like the map? Sure you posted the right link?

E

EddieJ

How odd. It doesn't seems to be loading it correctly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles