Shimano Steps e8000 warranty

calw47

Aug 5, 2020
Lancashire
I have a Focus Jam2 6.8 2019 which is currently in the bike shop getting a new motor fitted (Just hit 1300 miles), 3 hours away from where i live because i bought it online and didn't think about the consequences if anything goes wrong with it. I was wondering if when i get it back does this mean i have another 2 years warranty on the motor or will it end after 2 years from when i bought the bike (I bought it 14 months ago). I have friends who have the new Bosch motor and they have rolling warranty is Shimano the same? Cheers.

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
I asked my local Shimano service center this, and they told me any replaced component would havea new 2yr warrenty from date of fitment. Would be good to hear from anyone who has been through it if course.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I hope thats the case. Ive been without power for just shy of 2 months now and ive yet to hear back from shimano. Hope the warrantee process is quick when they do get to it. 4 months use and 1700km, the ratio from up/down time is rapidly evening out

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Thats rather dissapointing for you. I'm hoping that thats due to the current pandemic making parts hard to get hold of rather than being the norm.

I dont beleive anyone offers an aftermarket repair service yet either. I'm hoping the new EP8 motor has been designed with the ability to repair rather than replace as it will quickly get expensive out of warranty otherwise!

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
I was told by Shimano USA my warranty was from date of purchase and would not extend from date of replacement. Had both motor and battery replaced under warranty recently.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thats rather dissapointing for you. I'm hoping that thats due to the current pandemic making parts hard to get hold of rather than being the norm.

I dont beleive anyone offers an aftermarket repair service yet either. I'm hoping the new EP8 motor has been designed with the ability to repair rather than replace as it will quickly get expensive out of warranty otherwise!
Yes im sure the pandemic is the cause of the slow response , or atleast a fair part of it. Still , support and service is part of the selling point of shimano.
I like rocky mountains motor that has the bb seperate from the motor and a 3 yr warrantee.
I also like boschs ability to have the motor rebuilt and seems like they have less problems to begin with. Actually both the rocky motor and bosch seem to have a long life

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles