Shimano Single Click Shifting and compatibility?

Simonp3

Aug 21, 2020
Denmark
Managed to order a XL Render 9.0 today!

Question about the Shimano gear shifter - is it single click shifting, or multiple gear shifting? (one click at a time or multiple clicks at a time?

Can i mount a Sram NX/GX shifter together with the XT Derailleur?

I have an 12-speed GX derailleur and chain on the shelf.. Can i mount an GX Shifter and derailleur together with the Shimano cassette?

Are the Shimano DEORE CS-M6100 cassette compatible with XT M8100 chains? or do i have to change the cassette to XT aswell?

Geargroup:
Shifter: Shimano XT SL-M8100-IR, I-Spec EV
Derailleur: Shimano XT RD-M8100-SGS, 12-speed
Cassette: Shimano DEORE CS-M6100 (is it just as good as XT?)
Chain: Shimano DEORE CN-M6100

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The XT shifter will have the ability to both shift one gear at a time with a single push, and two at a time with a firmer push, in each direction (up and down the cassette).

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The combination the bike comes with is pretty much ideal IMO, you get the multiple shift abilities of XT with the cheaper cassette, which on an EMTB is something you go though quicker than on a regular bike.

If I was building up my ideal bike I would specify the same combo of XT and Deore, though personally I would go with 11speed over twelve.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
My experience with wrenching my spectralon compared to a regular bike showed it is waaay more difficult and may become a nightmare if you need to drop the motor to drive cables around the BB area.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles