Shimano power

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Has anyone else had experience with various power from different Shimano e 8000 motors. I have been given a new motor under warranty and it feels like it has around 20% more power. It is in a merida e one sixty. This is the 3rd motor I have had in it.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Forgot to mention that I have tried 2 other merida s and all 4 motors were the same apart from the 5th new one.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
There’s a small group of us with shimano s in commencals they all seem to be the same depending on settings . One of the updates seemed to improve the trail mode a while back
What happened to your first 2 motors ?and how many miles had they done . I’ve not heard of anyone with that many failures yet ,
good To hear warranty has been good

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Sorry, I didn't explain very well. Only one motor was replaced, the second was a loan from the shop whilst I was waiting for Madison to get a warranty replacement.

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm on my second motor and it has the same power as the first one. If you try different bikes they might feel different if the assist level is not set to the same (Low/Mid/High) for Trail and Boost mode in the app.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The motor in my Vitus Sentier (bought late July) feels a hare more powerful than that in my Vitus Sommett, (bought April) but i put that down to it being a hardtail and the drive train being more efficient.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
My thoughts were that the new batch of later motors had something different done to them, unless it was just at the top end of accepted tolerances, maybe 10% either way.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles