Shimano E7000 Slow Speed, Wrong Wheel Circumference? STUnlocker to fix?

EClayton4

Aug 21, 2021
Norfolk, ON
Hey,

I’ve tried looking for an answer but I’m still unsure so figured I’d just ask, I apologize if there is a thread already - I’ve looked throughly but can’t find a concrete answer.

Im in Canada and my Shimano E7000 (Norco Sight VLT) should be able to reach speeds of 32km. My SCE7000 is showing an average top speed of around 30.1 (it’s hard to attain a consistent 32km on a flat).

Now when comparing to my Strava, Strava’s showing an average of only 27km. That’s up to 5kmph I believe I’m missing out on! After researching I think the issue is to do with my wheel circumference.

I bought STUnlocker to activate my new light (worked great)! Now I’m thinking of tampering with the W.C to either fix my speed issues or “derestrict”, and just rely on an external speedometer like Strava.

Question: my motor FW is currently 4.7.2 which I believe won’t work with STUnlocker for changing the W.C, could anyone confirm?

If I need to downgrade to 4.5 to change the W.C, should I be aware of any potential issues (should I be downgrading both the DU and SC to 4.5)?

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Miccoo

Aug 30, 2021
Finland
You need to DG 4.5.0 for change Wheel Circumference.
Just DG Motor.
You get that email when buing Stunlocker, theres quide how to do it!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles