Shimano BT-E8035 Integrated Battery Issue: very fast degrading and loss of range

Milan

Sep 9, 2020
Czech Republic
my old gen 2 performance motor had over 10.000 miles on it but the transfer gear was near worn out so needed a service so sent it to performance line bearings for a refurb but then just got a new 0 mile cx motor last year that has now about 800 miles on it with a kiox display.

View attachment 97713

motor was serviced and sold and still going today imo.
This is something what I have been expecting: 15-20k, one battery and lots of fun but instead....

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
Found this on the Shimano-TEC site...

1663874008742.png

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Is that because of the physical mount or the the electrics?
There are new Battery mounts for internal and integrated batteries, but it is still not known if older motors will be compatible with new battery + Mount

BM-EN600 Mount for external battery
BM-EN800-A and BM-EN800-B Mounts for integrated battery

Last edited:

lockin

Dec 1, 2020
Wrocław
Shimano did not solve problems with degradation of 1st gen batterries so I hope there will be some compatibility between generations and it will give us more life time on batteries. On my 8010 battery I already had 92% after 13 cycles and just 1200km.
Screenshot_20221209_045339_com.stunlocker.app.su.jpg

pete-E1

Aug 23, 2021
Australia
It's not charging to to a particular %.

When the battery is new, it should be 100% health.

Status is how much of the battery has been used since being charged.

My battery, for example, was 100% health when new. Meaning my range would show up as 100km on eco.
My battery is now at 92% Health, so when fully charged, it only has 92% of the range it had and only gives me 92km range when fully charged.

I'm basically down 8% on a fully charged battery thats been charged 25 times and covered 900km.

Think of it like your phone battery that dies quickly when it gets old, except the 8035 isn't old and its going flat faster than it should.
How do you charge to a particular percentage?
I have an EP8 with 630wh battery.... my charger just plugs in, shows a green light until its fully charged then the light goes out.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
I believe he he asking how to do a partial charge up to to 60 or 80% and not a Full Charge (Battery degrades quickier).

I am not aware of any method to do this, I do by periodically watching the battery and stopping the charge just when 5th LED starts blinking , which is at 80%

Dec 5, 2022
Brisbane
I believe he he asking how to do a partial charge up to to 60 or 80% and not a Full Charge (Battery degrades quickier).

I am not aware of any method to do this, I do by periodically watching the battery and stopping the charge just when 5th LED starts blinking , which is at 80%

Mine doesnt show anything on the screen when charging... just the steps logo.

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Mine doesnt show anything on the screen when charging... just the steps logo.
I have an external battery and I can see the battery LEDs and monitor the charge, but this thread is for the integrated battery, and in this case, I don't know how to monitor the charge. I am sorry for the confussion.

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Can anyone confirm that Shitmano have released a new 504wh battery with different cells and bms.
I’ve had enough of this bullshit battery rode yesterday 32km almost all eco 750 ish elevation and was in the red with 3km range left.
Merida E160 9000 with e8000 motor nearing 5000km, love the bike but the battery is killing me
Battery is at 78% health after 77 charges

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Why would they do that, yeah I know they are trying to force everyone to buy their new stuff but a bit of support for original would be nice. It might even keep people on their product.

AusE

Dec 3, 2019
Australia
Christ almighty!
Are you here to solve the problem or just mope about?
Buy the battery, sell the bike, or let it rot in your garage.
Pick one.
Christ almighty alright, I would love to solve the problem but unfortunately above my pay grade. Don’t see why it should be up to consumers to fix a Shimano problem. Especially when its only with 1 model of battery as well. Buying a battery every year shouldn’t even be on the cards

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
How is situation right now?

Sorry for the delay… interestingly, I have 96% battery health at 28 cycles and 2840km on the clock.

This indicates that my average range is 100km.

However, on full battery stored in a warm place the bike still indicates theoretical range of 170km in Eco mode. Riding in 0-5° C the battery range is definitely well below 100km… we will see in spring and summer.

Sidney Hiro

Aug 21, 2023
Brasil
A minha e-bike ficou ruim com apenas 10 ciclos.
A autonomia no modo economico caiu para 89km com a carga completa.
E a saúde da bateria estava com 90%.
Falei com a Shimano e eles trocaram a bateria.
Mas nunca deram informações sobre o que aconteceu.
Em um ano já trocaram a bateria para mim 3 vezes.
E a cada 3 meses em média, eu tenho que verificar a saúde da bateria.
Sábado 19/08/2023 levei novamente para a assistência Shimano.
Vamos ver se eles têm alguma solução para esse problema continuo e que pelo jeito está ocorrendo no mundo inteiro.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles