Shimano BT-E8010 battery lights?

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
So I have a 2019 Commencal meta power 29, originally with the e7000 motor, but that broke and was replaced with e8000 through warranty. On my last ride I ran the battery all the way down until it shut off right before the final DH. When I got home to charge it (about half hour after, so it cooled down). The 1st light was blinking as it should when charging, but the 4th light was solid green. I let is charge and after about 2 minutes the lights went off, so I re plugged it in and it charged just fine.

Why was the 4th light lit up solid green? does this mean anything. Thank you if anyone has any answers. I rode bike around yard after charging and it seems fine, just hoping this battery is not going to stop working.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Which charger were you using?
and what was the light on the charger doing
I have one 3 chargers. one of which is the smaller charger for the E7000. looks like this:
shimanostepsece6002electricbikebatterycharger.png

this charger sometimes does something very similar to what you've described. But I also noticed the (amber?) light on the charger also blinking when it has done it.
The last time it did I was just the other day and unplugging it and plugging it in again didn't sort it out so I tried plugging it into a different wall socket at the other side of the room and the charger light became solid and it charged fine again with the usual green charging lights displaying on the battery. Odd. and possibly not all that helpful. but sharing is caring, uh? ;)

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
Which charger were you using?
and what was the light on the charger doing
I have one 3 chargers. one of which is the smaller charger for the E7000. looks like this:
shimanostepsece6002electricbikebatterycharger.png

this charger sometimes does something very similar to what you've described. But I also noticed the (amber?) light on the charger also blinking when it has done it.
The last time it did I was just the other day and unplugging it and plugging it in again didn't sort it out so I tried plugging it into a different wall socket at the other side of the room and the charger light became solid and it charged fine again with the usual green charging lights displaying on the battery. Odd. and possibly not all that helpful. but sharing is caring, uh? ;)
That is the same charger I have. I think the amber light on the charger was blinking, but not 100% sure. The charger light eventually shut off like when fully charged, that is when I unplugged and plugged back in and everything worked fine. Maybe it was just the charger. The 4th light being lit up on the battery, is that a code or just in this situation? or unknown.

tumi

Jun 15, 2019
Finland
My BT-E8010 battery was in -9 C for 8 hours which seemed to be also recognised outside temperature range 0-+40 C for charging :) 1 hour in room temperature revived this battery. Tumi 00

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles