Shimano 630wh battery

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Help needed, has anyone been able to source the internal 630wh battery as a spare. Think its a BT-8036, i can see one at Ridewill in Italy but have not used them and am a bit nervous about them, cheers.

PsyMan2000

Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
If anyone is still interested in the OP, I just took delivery of an EXTERNAL 630wh one from Ridewill Italy. Arrived via DHL Express well packaged in just 11 days (I did order it on a Saturday so give it 9 days).

Things to note if buying one from ridewill.it in the UK

1. I paid £487.85 + £14.58 shipping (€565,50 + €16,90) and does not include the bl***y Brexit bonus aka Import Duty which DHL kindly pays for you then adds a bit on as admin (£123.64 was my DHL bill to release the battery), Unfortunately anywhere you buy from in the EU is now the same so bear that in mind.

2. Due to the ordering form on the website my address and postcode got slightly mangled and when it arrived in the local Bristol DHL depot it went on hold as the address was classed as a "dead address", luckily I was tracking every move, spotted the "on hold" alert and managed to get hold of the local depot to update them with my address and pay the import bill so all was good, worth watching as Italian addresses don't translate to UK well. (might be worth adding your UK postcode and phone number to your name as a precaution if ordering)

Was a bit of a faff and cost me a total of £626.07 (almost a pound per Wh :) ) so not too bad

Happy now though, its now charging nicely with my existing charger , next step = modding the existing mount with a hacksaw or Stanley knife to save buying the new one and/or having to drop the motor and fiddle with wires. One tiny mod and hopefully they will both fit, I will post a pic back if its all good (E-Sommet 2019)

Hope this helps in your decision.

PsyMan

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles