Shape it......check it!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I noticed some free play when lifting the back end of my E160 RSX and on closer inspection found that to be due the bolt that secures the back of the shock to the shape it yolk being very loose.
It is probably possible to tighten it in situ but not enough room to use a torque wrench. I decided in any case to remove the shock and yolk to check it all.
Probably just as well I did because neither the bolt at the bottom of the shock or the 2 machine screws holding the top of the shock had any threadlock on them.
I also got to see how the high or low settings are changed. I use the high setting and see no reason to change.
Not sure why the yolk is called "shape it" since the actual change is made by rotating an eccentric insert in the shock eyelet!
Anyway...the reason for posting is to warn others to check the shock fittings. Seems to me that when these bikes are assembled the only fixings that will have threadlock are those bolts that are pre treated (usually dry blue loctite). ....e.g pivot bolts

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles