Scott Strike order holder questions

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Hi,
i've been riding a 26" epic for years in the steep mountains around where i live; now a couple of friends got ebikes (a Levo and an Orbea Wild) and pushed me to give it a go.
My LBS (where both got theirs) offered me as a 'reasonable' option a Strike 930 expected for mid august; it's still hard for me as it is for many to swallow the price tag, but at least this one would be on the more affordable end of good ebikes.
While i wait (order already got moved to end of september), there are a few questions from a total newbie, in case the order gets pushed back further:
- The Strike and the Genius, in same spec, are almost the same price; i can only see a little more travel for the Genius and slightly more upright position on the Strike. But really, is there much of a difference?
- It does seem like Scott emtb are not popular; is there a reason for it? They seem good and the price i got is quite nice for how things go with emtb.
- Are Cube and the like actually a better value?
- I was told i will in the end get a 2022 model, but from Scott's webpage i see same specs and only different color options (my original order was a blue one, now changed to black). Are they really only changing colors for 2022?
I doubt i could find a much better deal, but since i have to wait, might as well keep checking options; the order i have is for the Strike 930, pedals of my choice, tubeless and upgraded to a Kiox for €4400.
Thanks for the opinions and info!

Voluptua

Oct 4, 2020
United Kingdom
I don't think there's much of a difference between the Genius and the Strike. As you've noted, one has a little more suspension travel, and the other a mildly more upright handlebar arrangement. The Genius 930 fork has mudguard/fender mounts on the back of the tubes. I think the 2022 models are listing a slight brake upgrade over the previous year. I think they're fine bikes, and I don't know why they're not more popular.

There's quite a good review of the Genius on YouTube: YouTube The reviewer likes the bike a lot, but concludes he'd prefer a Trek Rail. I've ridden both - the Rail felt longer somehow, the front end stayed going straight ahead and needed more heave on the bars to turn. I suspect if you were a downhill freak that might be a useful attribute. I think I prefer the Scott.

You seem to have a nice deal lined up.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Have a 2020 Genius and started on a 2019 Genius with Shimano motor. Love the Scott bikes - great geometry and feel .... for me anyways.
The Strike and Genius are not too far apart but the Genius has longer and larger diameter forks. You are looking at 160mm travel for the Genius and 140mm for the Strike.
When you look at the Scott site the Strike is listed in both the Trail and Sport categories.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles