Scott Patron Suspension upgrade

mccoyman

Dec 26, 2022
Belgium
Hi All,

As you might have seen in another tread my Scott Patron have full list of issues that where all handled under warranty, one more succesfull than the other.
One of them was that during transport from the LBS to Scott, the twinlock lever was broken.
Scott replaced it with a DT Swiss version, but those doesn't have the same cable pull for both mid and lock out position as the Syncross one.
Also they couldn't garanty any time for delvering the orginal one, i'm stuck with an useless lever at the bar.
What got me thinking the just remove the whole twinloc stuff, install wireless dropper and upgrade the suspenion.
With my full kit weight of 100 KG and a bike of 24KG i found the suspension very harsh and bad in small bump complaince.
In the Fork i allready check the Airspring and removed all the exces grease (alot, thanks fox), what improved somewhat.
So next step will be to install a Vorsprung smashpot coil spring, and change the topcap at the damper side to a 3 position lever.
What leaves me with the rear shock, alltough not as bad as the fork, i hope to get more small bump complaince and better tuning options than the default shock.
Anyone allready changed shocks on the Patron and know what fits in the frame?
Or tips to get a custom tune for this shock?
Also curious how other rides find the suspension from the patron?

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
What model Fox fork is it? Have you tried adding volume spacers to help with small bumps?
With the shock it looks like you'll be limited to an air shock without a piggy back resevoir on that style frame.

Personally I'd be pushing for a refund if they can't fix the issues in a reasonable timeframe...

mccoyman

Dec 26, 2022
Belgium
Its the fox 38 elite emtb tune and fit4 3 position damper.
I have played with volume spacers, different sag percentage and rebound. I have a shockwizz i use, besides the tips its very usefull to get sag percentage spot on.

Piggy back is indeed a no go, and trunnion mount 205x60 is not very common without.

Agreed with pushing for a refund normally. I have the bike from october and had to miss it 3 months now where it was in repair at the lbs or scott. Every time when it got back other mistakes has been made. So dont fancy go back to both companys unless it realy has to.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Fair enough, you could go for the VVC Grip2 damper as an upgrade. I'm running an air spring still but it's set up to be really plush in the first part of the travel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles